Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
CN57 EFD is on the 88 route today.
I passed K130DAO operating a 5 to Llangollen this afternoon
(15/04/2016 12:59)Garsty Wrote: [ -> ]I passed K130DAO operating a 5 to Llangollen this afternoon

I had a report it worked the 07:40 ex Wrexham and 08:20 ex Llangollen as part of the booked diagram for Ysgol Dinas Bran for a decker, was it working to take up the afternoon turn or as sometimes does stay out all day? V220 MEV has been covering this duty of late.
(15/04/2016 14:56)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]I had a report it worked the 07:40 ex Wrexham and 08:20 ex Llangollen as part of the booked diagram for Ysgol Dinas Bran for a decker, was it working to take up the afternoon turn or as sometimes does stay out all day? V220 MEV has been covering this duty of late.
Not sure what is usual as I am never normally in the area at that time of time of day. It was around 1pm when I passed it just north of Johnstown on the hill, so it could well of been heading there for the PM School duty, but would have been rather early if it was
DK09 DZG was on the 5 and MX58 KZE, BA56 GHA and AA55 GHA were on X50/X52s today/tonight
Whilst in Barmouth on Sunday noted the output on the T3 from Wrexham, TrawsCymru branded YY15 FZF and older GHA fleet livery CA05 GHA, the later captured here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35721472@N08/26239080920/
Has the 576 Oswestry to Shrewsbury moved back to Ruabon after working off Shrewsbury depot last week? Only reason why I ask is SK52 UTT was noted running light on the A483 Saturday evening Ruabon bound appearing to be heading from Oswestry off the 576 and today Solo T314 UOX was noted on the 17:55 ex Shrewsbury appearing to suggest it was been Ruabon operated from a Solo been used on that duty.

Chris
Reaseheath College, Nantwich

The transport of students to this college involves some 21 routes and students travel from various points of the compass as far as the Wirral, Warrington, Stockport, Macclesfield, Congleton, Uttoxeter, Hanley, Telford, Shrewsbury, Wrexham and Chester.

There is a booklet available with details of the routes on the college website - LINK

This booklet was prepared earlier in 2015. For the last two terms GHA Coaches operated 20 of the 21 routes and Routemaster, Nantwich had the remaining local one.

Since the beginning of this Summer Term - GHA Coaches are no longer operating this contract and the two main operators appear now to be Bakers, Bidulph and Huyton Mini Coaches, Widnes (Vision). Routemaster, Nantwich appear to be now operating three of the routes.

My observations yesterday included a good variety of coaches including quite a few King Longs.
^ So does that mean the yellow deckers got branded for routes GHA no longer run? I find the Reaseheath College branding a bit strange as it makes it look like the buses belong to Reaseheath College opposed to promoting Reaseheath College or the services.
(20/04/2016 08:41)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]^ So does that mean the yellow deckers got branded for routes GHA no longer run? I find the Reaseheath College branding a bit strange as it makes it look like the buses belong to Reaseheath College opposed to promoting Reaseheath College or the services.

They certainly no longer run to Reaseheath. I caught a glimpse of one of these Deckers yesterday and it still had the logo displayed. In addition to the yellow ex Holloway Presidents - the two Levantes obtained from Shropshire Bus and Coach were also given these logos. I have heard a report that one of these at least has had the logo removed. I assume the others will be removed soon.
Reference URL's