Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/03/2016 09:53)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what's the new single decker they've got on trial atm?

Weird looking bugger too, it's a scania irizar in white so suggesting it's either come straight from a dealer or on trial with GHA.

It's a Euro 6 demonstrator Scania K250UB/ Irizar i3 currently on trial with GHA until Easter, registered YP64WVW. Smile
https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshbuses...ed-public/
(25/03/2016 09:28)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The 2 x Connect 88 Optare Versas were replaced by 4 x route branded Enviro 200s when the frequency on the 88 route was enhanced from hourly to half-hourly. Both those Versas got sent to Shrewsbury but only one got repainted.

Quite a few years ago a Llan Express bus was used on the 88 route and to make it look even more lost I saw it miss a turning and the driver having to reverse in to a side road. However, I think the most off-route bus reported was when a Enviro 200 branded for the 88 route was sent to Ruabon for servicing and it got used on some T3 services before being sent back to Cheshire.

In the past, I used to see GHA vehicles going around using Welsh on their dests, e.g. on schools in Northwich.
Not sure if this still happens, but it really does make you question what country you're in :P
I've seen buses in Cheshire branded for Cheshire routes showing the Welsh for "Sorry not in service."
GHA Coaches Wrote:From Monday 4th April we will be introducing new ticket machines on services 88,130,200,289 & P1 which will allow passengers in Greater Manchester to use the new get me there reusable smart tickets on our services.

http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/smart-ticket...anchester/

Does that mean most/all buses operating in Cheshire will get new machines? While the GHA Gold Enviros and the Cheshire Connect Solos cover most services on those routes, pretty much any low floor single decker based at Tarvin/Winsford can turn up on those routes.
(25/03/2016 10:30)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]It's a Euro 6 demonstrator Scania K250UB/ Irizar i3 currently on trial with GHA until Easter, registered YP64WVW. Smile
https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshbuses...ed-public/

It has been a regular on the 84 Crewe - Chester this last week along with the usual Centros.
Also spent a day in Mold on the Ruthin services 2 weeks previous. Smile
Weird looking bus tbh few people commented it looks like a coach from the rear. Also the new solos are popular as well pretty smart.
N8 GHA was out today in Knutsford earlier. I'm not sure what it had been doing but it looked like it was going back to a depot.
GHA News March 2016

No new (or even used) arrivals to report. The only exception is that of the Demonstrator that has been with GHA for most of the month of March - YP64WVW - Scania K250UB/ Irizar I3-B44F. It arrived on 8th March 2016 and for most of its time worked from Tarvin on the 84 Crewe – Chester service. However on 12th March driven by the General Manager it spent a day on the Ruthin – Mold corridor with one journey to Chester. It was due to return back to Scania at the end of March but had a short day working the 5C Cefn Mawr route. It appears that the vehicle itself was up for sale but one factor that probably put off its purchase by GHA was the steep inside floor. LINK

Former Trett of Ponteland Mercedes Sprinter arrived a year ago as T2ETT but it is thought that it will be re-registered before entering service. It is now GHA (Silver) but when seen on 30th March still had quite a bit of work outstanding before it can commence work.

Withdrawn Bova HIB967 has lost its cherished number and on paper has reverted to its previous registration of M802WKW. The recipient of the cherished number is Volvo B10M-62 / Berkhof Axial 50 - R979PRD (4041) based at Winsford - PHOTO LINK

Solo T314UOX (1314) is currently having a bit of an internal makeover and has had its structural problems resolved. It should be back in service soon.

TrawsCymru Enviro 400 SN15ETF (which has been off the road since July last year following an RTC has now been repaired and is almost ready to return to service.

A number of vehicles have been sold to Shelton Motors, Cambridge who are mainly vehicle dismantlers. Going in March were G410YAY (4410) Dennis Javelin /Plaxton Paramount 35 (originally new to Hanmers), W235CDN (2735) DAF SB220 / Ikarus 481 (ex Bryn Melyn) and M403EFD (2191) Scania / East Lancs (ex Bryn Melyn and was Arriva MN [1403]). L409NUA (2409) Volvo B10B /Wright Endurance (ex Arriva Yorkshire [409]) has been scrapped on site.

Certain buses in the fleet are being fitted with brand new ticket machines. These machines are designed to be used for the recently smart ticketing machine in the Greater Manchester area. They are being fitted to vehicles that are being used on the 88, 130, 200, 289 and the P1.

Ron
T314UOX was out today on the 8. Smile
Reference URL's