Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/02/2016 17:56)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]It really cracks me up when companies do this, it kind of begs the question as to why they even bother having a Facebook page if there simply going to delete negative comments.
I remember JPT in Manchester claiming they had the biggest number of likes of any bus company in the uk then when things started to go wrong and the complaints started apearing about buses not turning up or drivers using phones while driving they were simply deleted.

Having read about Tates travel in South Yorkshire and the fact they were hauled before the TC last summer following a worrying 'letter of complaint' sent to the TC perhaps somebody should inform them of these missing services, and I notice the GHACoaches member of this forum has been very quiet of late.

I've recently sent off a number of emails to the TC regarding the current issues revolving around the 45 and 16 and the conduct of a small group of drivers, not something I'm going into on here.
(09/02/2016 19:19)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't it JPT who posted images of Euromillions tickets on their Facebook page and said if they win everyone who likes their page will get a share?

Yeah and various other attempts too.
It was even suggsted that they bought 100's of likes off eBay to make the page look better than it was.
(08/02/2016 22:54)SLTRegular Wrote: [ -> ]Ace Travel Regularly forgot to tell tfgm infact it was gmpte at the time about their 197 timetables they didnt even know the route entered GM! they only knew because i walked into the office at Picc Gardens and told them myself

Was that Ace Travel's responsibility or Merseytravel with it being a contract?
Saw a step entrance bus similar to N8 GHA (Nxxx FJO), it was on a stident transport run so not sure of this is still illegal or not
Changes for GHA's Welsh services from 4th April:

PG0007482/2 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between LLANGOLLEN, MARKET STREET and PENTREDWR CIRCULAR given service number 98 effective from 04-Apr-2016.

PG0007482/19 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Acrefair and Ysgol Rhiwabon given service number P547B effective from 04-Apr-2016.

PG0007482/20 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Glyn Ceiriog and Wrexham given service number 65 effective from 04-Apr-2016.

PG0007482/25 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Llengollen and Llengollen given service number 97 effective from 04-Apr-2016.

PG1073209/30 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wrexham Bus Station and Moss given service number 17 effective from 04-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

PG1073209/31 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wrexham Bus Station and Trevalyn given service number 34 effective from 04-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

PG1073209/140 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Parade St, Llangollen
Finish Point: Dyffryn Ceiriog, Llanarmon
Via: Chirk & Froncysylite
Service Number: 64
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 04-APR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday exc bank holidays

PG1073209/141 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Bettisfield
Finish Point: Wrexham Bus Station
Via: Hamner, Worthenbury, Bangor and Dee
Service Number: 45F
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 04-APR-2016
Other Details: Mondays only excluding bank holidays

Meanwhile Network Warrington are changing the route and times of their Northwich to Warrington services again:
PC0001977/61 - WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A NETWORK WARRINGTON, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Warrington (Interchange) and Northwich (Watting Street ) given service number 45/46 effective from 04-Apr-2016. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.
Student transport can still utilise non DDA buses as they are not on Public service use. Smile
(10/02/2016 11:19)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Meanwhile Network Warrington are changing the route and times of their Northwich to Warrington services again:
PC0001977/61 - WARRINGTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A NETWORK WARRINGTON, WILDERSPOOL CAUSEWAY, WARRINGTON, WA4 6PT
Variation Accepted: Operating between Warrington (Interchange) and Northwich (Watting Street ) given service number 45/46 effective from 04-Apr-2016. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

Since Network Warrington doesn't seem to be varying their 5/35 or 6 services at the same time (not that we know of yet anyway), their Northwich runs are likely either to continue departing Warrington at the same time or to depart 30 minutes earlier/later, and the same goes for arriving back in Warrington.
If this is a chop of 30 minutes off the route, likely to involve the removal of the Northwich to Higher Wincham section of the 46's route, then the variations would all make sense, as then the 8 and 10C would no longer interwork (in order for the 5/35/6/8/46 to continue to provide a service every 10 minutes to Stockton Heath), and this would then have knock-on effects on the 11's and 12's so that they and the 10C continue to provide a half-hourly service to Lower Walton in both directions.

(I'm replying on this thread for the sake of continuity. Perhaps it might be best to create a new thread relating specifically to the GHA / NW bus wars, as we keep talking about this subject with relation to one company then the other on either one of the two threads almost at random. Having said that, it might be quite a job sifting through old posts on both companies' threads to decide which of them should go in the new thread, if that would be necessary ... Any thoughts?)
(10/02/2016 16:41)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]Student transport can still utilise non DDA buses as they are not on Public service use. Smile

Unless the contract they have requires the same standard as for public services. GHA cancelled I think all their Poynton High School services on 31st December 2015 so if it wasn't for DDA reasons it was a strange coincidence.
(10/02/2016 16:51)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ](I'm replying on this thread for the sake of continuity. Perhaps it might be best to create a new thread relating specifically to the GHA / NW bus wars, as we keep talking about this subject with relation to one company then the other on either one of the two threads almost at random. Having said that, it might be quite a job sifting through old posts on both companies' threads to decide which of them should go in the new thread, if that would be necessary ... Any thoughts?)

I agree. However, I hope GHA pull out of their silly bus war with Network Warrington and concentrate on providing a reliable service on routes where there is no alternative and the need for such a thread will cease to exist. It seems at present they can't do that at the same time as using buses and drivers on the 45 service.
(10/02/2016 16:51)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Since Network Warrington doesn't seem to be varying their 5/35 or 6 services at the same time (not that we know of yet anyway), their Northwich runs are likely either to continue departing Warrington at the same time or to depart 30 minutes earlier/later, and the same goes for arriving back in Warrington.
If this is a chop of 30 minutes off the route, likely to involve the removal of the Northwich to Higher Wincham section of the 46's route, then the variations would all make sense, as then the 8 and 10C would no longer interwork (in order for the 5/35/6/8/46 to continue to provide a service every 10 minutes to Stockton Heath), and this would then have knock-on effects on the 11's and 12's so that they and the 10C continue to provide a half-hourly service to Lower Walton in both directions.

(I'm replying on this thread for the sake of continuity. Perhaps it might be best to create a new thread relating specifically to the GHA / NW bus wars, as we keep talking about this subject with relation to one company then the other on either one of the two threads almost at random. Having said that, it might be quite a job sifting through old posts on both companies' threads to decide which of them should go in the new thread, if that would be necessary ... Any thoughts?)

You make some good points regarding the changes to take place from the 4th April.

I cannot see that NW will depart 30 mins earlier or later than now as that would mean on the half hour which would have them leaving the Warrington Interchange five minutes after GHA Coaches! To my mind the part of the journey from Northwich to Higher Wincham has probably proven to be hardly worthwhile and I would not be at all surprised if this section of the route was withdrawn.

Do you think NW might be considering returning to the 45 route?

I take your point with regard to a ten minute service to and from Stockton Heath although with GHA and Halton Transport both supplying services on the Stockton Heath route perhaps the ten minute NW service doesn't have to be strictly adhered to.
Reference URL's