Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Llew jones obviously don't see the need or have the spare cash to repaint the ex cheshire connect solos .

A good scrub up seems to have done the trick.
(09/08/2016 20:47)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Llew jones obviously don't see the need or have the spare cash to repaint the ex cheshire connect solos .

A good scrub up seems to have done the trick.

To be fair to Llew Jones the vehicles have only just recently arrived and have been placed straight into public Service on the new 55/X5. I would imagine that Llew Jones will re-livery the vehicles when times allows.

I always think that it's best to have a bus in any livery than no bus at all
(09/08/2016 18:31)Garsty Wrote: [ -> ]Wrexham Council seem surprised there has been a 'limited response' to last weeks tenders:
Considering there are now only two bus operators based in the Wrexham area I am not massively surprised!

If operators from outside the Wrexham area think it might make business sense to run services in Wrexham they'll look at running the routes. In Cheshire currently D&G Bus, High Peak and Howards Travel all do a fair bit of dead mileage to get their buses from depots to the start point on some of their routes. However, with so many operators taking on extra work following the collapse of GHA and Wrexham council leaving it late to look at emergency contracts, a number of operators are probably fully committed and can't take on additional work at the moment.
Interesting to see how bidding in the online auction for former GHA vehicles: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/aucti...andwo10031

The older Solos and Wright Renowns could finish up being sold for a few hundred pounds, while some of better coaches have attracted bids of over £20,000.
(11/08/2016 09:25)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The older Solos and Wright Renowns could finish up being sold for a few hundred pounds

I might place a bid then! Laugh

One of the coaches is now going at over £30,000.
(11/08/2016 09:25)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting to see how bidding in the online auction for former GHA vehicles: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/aucti...andwo10031

The older Solos and Wright Renowns could finish up being sold for a few hundred pounds, while some of better coaches have attracted bids of over £20,000.

I see T314UOX has now been added to this auction...
Don't seem the Renowns are popular at all as no bids so far, some of the older Solos have got low bids tho so looks like they have a future
(11/08/2016 09:37)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]I might place a bid then! Laugh

One of the coaches is now going at over £30,000.

None of the step entry coaches seem to be selling but it seems they think K129 DAO is worth an extra £1000 due to it having coach style seating.
(11/08/2016 09:42)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Don't seem the Renowns are popular at all as no bids so far, some of the older Solos have got low bids tho so looks like they have a future

Operators are probably aware that the renowns are very thirsty when it comes to fuel, not to mention they have an irregular seating layout, and technically as they don't have a ramp, wheelchair back rest or pole for wheelchair users, they are non DDA and shouldn't be used in public service.

The Optare Solos will probably see use as spares, The current bid for the whole bus is much cheaper than it is to individually buy spares.
(11/08/2016 09:51)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]The Optare Solos will probably see use as spares, The current bid for the whole bus is much cheaper than it is to individually buy spares.

Indeed. There's loads of Optare Solos so many operators are probably interested in acquiring some spare parts.
Reference URL's