Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17/03/2016 10:51)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Someone's posted on Facebook that GHA are to scale back their Cheshire operations and run them all from the Tarvin depot. Is there any truth in that?

No it is all rubbish, it wouldn't all fit in Tarvin Depot!. the site it is posted on is ran by a disgruntled ex Bryn Melyn employee.
(04/03/2016 17:13)telf23 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the 45 was performing well though?

(04/03/2016 18:38)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Usually 15-25 passengers a working easily. It's silly GHA had such a good foothold on Warrington and now it's all gone down the pan. I'm personally very disappointed but it's about time as you can't seriously run a service the way GHA have been doing. Safe to say NW have won this war (again), more of a battle however.

Healthy loading on the 13:20 leaving Northwich today BUT the bus arrived at about 20 past and sat in the bus stand for 5 minutes after it's scheduled departure time meaning the Network Warrington bus couldn't get in to the stand until 1 minute before it's scheduled departure time, despite arriving only a couple of minutes after the GHA bus.
I've been told a 27 bus broke down at Alderley Park today and apparently there was a problem getting a mechanic there but an Arriva driver on the 130 route stopped and asked if there was anything he could do to help!
(18/03/2016 17:55)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]I've been told a 27 bus broke down at Alderley Park today and apparently there was a problem getting a mechanic there but an Arriva driver on the 130 route stopped and asked if there was anything he could do to help!

You have to admire drivers like that, real credits to the industry.
(18/03/2016 14:07)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Healthy loading on the 13:20 leaving Northwich today BUT the bus arrived at about 20 past and sat in the bus stand for 5 minutes after it's scheduled departure time meaning the Network Warrington bus couldn't get in to the stand until 1 minute before it's scheduled departure time, despite arriving only a couple of minutes after the GHA bus.

The driver would appear to have been instructed to do that, on one occasion today the NW bus got in front down the causeway which resulted in the GHA driver taking the decision to make his own lane when the traffic was bad and then cut other vehicles up at some speed, needless to say they jumped back in front of NW but it was quite possibly some of the most terrible driving by a PCV I've witnessed. Could have quite easily caused a serious accident.
(18/03/2016 19:56)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]The driver would appear to have been instructed to do that, on one occasion today the NW bus got in front down the causeway which resulted in the GHA driver taking the decision to make his own lane when the traffic was bad and then cut other vehicles up at some speed, needless to say they jumped back in front of NW but it was quite possibly some of the most terrible driving by a PCV I've witnessed. Could have quite easily caused a serious accident.

I thought the days of those sort of antics had been and gone , in the early days of bus deregulation it seemed the norm but not now.
(18/03/2016 21:17)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the days of those sort of antics had been and gone , in the early days of bus deregulation it seemed the norm but not now.

This is just the fruit of the free market ...
Sadly companies see it in their purely financial interests to do things like this (that hasn't changed), though at least the advent of social media has meant that companies are now more afraid of the repercussions in terms of negative publicity, every individual now being like a news reporter.
Why don't GHA seem capable of keeping route branded buses on their correct routes? Just over the last couple of days I've seen a Connect 88 (Knutsford) bus in Shrewsbury, and twice seen a Bryn Melyn Decker in Ellesmere Port displaying '5 Llangollen' - at least turn the destination off!
(25/03/2016 09:11)plannerman Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen a Connect 88 (Knutsford) bus in Shrewsbury

The 2 x Connect 88 Optare Versas were replaced by 4 x route branded Enviro 200s when the frequency on the 88 route was enhanced from hourly to half-hourly. Both those Versas got sent to Shrewsbury but only one got repainted.

Quite a few years ago a Llan Express bus was used on the 88 route and to make it look even more lost I saw it miss a turning and the driver having to reverse in to a side road. However, I think the most off-route bus reported was when a Enviro 200 branded for the 88 route was sent to Ruabon for servicing and it got used on some T3 services before being sent back to Cheshire.
Anyone know what's the new single decker they've got on trial atm?

Weird looking bugger too, it's a scania irizar in white so suggesting it's either come straight from a dealer or on trial with GHA.
Reference URL's