Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14/07/2016 08:05)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Surely in a pinch, other operators might consider temporarily accept GHA tickets until something concrete is confirmed.

Why should other operators accept tickets that another operator has had the money for?
(14/07/2016 07:52)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Andy it does matter whos operating it... Different operations have different tickets available to use ect

Nonsense comment on tickets at this stage in the grand scheme of things in the short term, passengers will be happy there is a service running, no matter who is covering and in most cases are already accepting any valid GHA weekly tickets!
It is not *nonsense* at all as people still need to buy tickets to get to wherever it is their going, As The H Man has rightly said why would another operator accept GHA tickets when their not getting any money for it as last time i checked Bus Services much make money to survive..
(14/07/2016 09:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]It is not *nonsense* at all as people still need to buy tickets to get to wherever it is their going, As The H Man has rightly said why would another operator accept GHA tickets when their not getting any money for it as last time i checked Bus Services much make money to survive..

I think the user H Man is connected to a small operator who has one contracted public bus route in Cheshire, so it might be difficult for his company to effectively allow some passengers to travel for free. However, I can understand why operators like D&G are accepting GHA tickets. If, as the new operator of the route, they create a positive first impression they are more likely to keep passengers. Fortunately, I don't think GHA did monthly tickets so accepting GHA tickets will just be allowing some regular bus users to travel for free for the first few days (probably 1 or 2 days in most cases.)
(13/07/2016 20:34)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]What the hell they're gonna do around the cheshire area is anyone's guess. There's:

19 - Prestbury
27 - Knutsford
87 - Macc to congleton
130 - manchester sun duty
82 - Chester
45 - Warrington
289 - Altrincham

Plus the 88 alty to knutsford & gawd knows what else. Who's going to cover these I'd love know. Arriva/first, D&G & stagecoach have already got massive workloads.

So what happens to all the cheshire routes??? Arriva COULD in theory step in to run the sunday 130 duty as a few macc drivers know the route.

GHA withdrew the 45 route previously and all services are back with Network Warrington now. Bidding was already underway for a new 289 contract so maybe Cheshire East could end bidding early/the new operator starts running the service earlier than expected.

Maybe D&G will get the Sunday Manchester to Macclesfield service after all. (They originally won the contract for it before GHA decided to continue to run the service commercially.)

With regards to the 88 I'm concerned a new operator might cut back the service. I'm not sure if the contract actually requires a half-hourly service and some of the early/late services are positional moves which wouldn't be needed if the service was to be taken over by an operator based closer to Altrincham than Wilmslow or Knutsford.

The 87 I could see disappearing. High Peak decided it wasn't making enough money and it doesn't really really provide an essential service not met by other services, so won't go out to tender.

There's also the P1 Hazel Grove to Poynton, which really doesn't fit in that well to any operator's network.
(14/07/2016 09:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]It is not *nonsense* at all as people still need to buy tickets to get to wherever it is their going, As The H Man has rightly said why would another operator accept GHA tickets when their not getting any money for it as last time i checked Bus Services much make money to survive..

I think you will find the various councils are covering using operators who will be paid to do so to fill holes until they can allocate the contracts out longer term so in most cases and offering to accept weekly tickets as measure of goodwill to help those passengers put into this situation. You looking too far ahead with your comments about making money etc, they are covering at very short notice to ensure passengers have a bus service to use. I think you need to see the short term rather than your barking on about longer term making money jibber jabber, like I say nonsense comment in the short term with the fallout of GHA less than a day in play. Councils have had a huge job overnight trying to cover work for today so be thankful that there are services running rather than worrying about an enthusiast style worry about using a ARRIVA or Stagecoach dayticket on the 82 service. Passengers will be happy to have something rather than nothing, remember that! There are still lots of places with little or nothing today, tell that to people between Wrexham and Denbigh, Ellesmere to Shrewsbury now have no bus service and little or nothing for people Llangollen today been some examples.

The H Man point is perfectly valid, GHA were happy to take money and not deliver the service even when they did operate on a number of routes. They were happy to undercut operators on tenders with silly low tender bids, drop services left right and centre.
No GHA buses in Ellesmere Port and bus Station too, also no service for SP1 and SP2 too.
(14/07/2016 09:23)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]I think the user H Man is connected to a small operator who has one contracted public bus route in Cheshire, so it might be difficult for his company to effectively allow some passengers to travel for free. However, I can understand why operators like D&G are accepting GHA tickets. If, as the new operator of the route, they create a positive first impression they are more likely to keep passengers. Fortunately, I don't think GHA did monthly tickets so accepting GHA tickets will just be allowing some regular bus users to travel for free for the first few days (probably 1 or 2 days in most cases.)

Events like this are always gong to mean people lose out through no fault of their own, those losing the most of course are the employees, however my thoughts are with the comments about those who have GHA tickets and will they be honoured, I would be very happy if I had a GHA ticket and it was honoured by another company, but I would also understand that if they did not, my refund claim would be against GHA (not that I would expect anything) just as if I bought an item from company A who then went into administration before I received it, I would not expect Company B to supply it free of charge
I have just heard its now official the owners of gha have handed everything to the administrators so gha is officially gone for good

I want to wish all the staff at GHA good luck and hope they get on the road again in new jobs soon
(14/07/2016 10:09)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]I have just heard its now official the owners of gha have handed everything to the administrators so gha is officially gone for good

I want to wish all the staff at GHA good luck and hope they get on the road again in new jobs soon

That's standard practice for administration - the administrators have a legal responsibility to try and recover unpaid debts so they take control of the assets and bank accounts. If they think a buyer can be found they continue trading and attempt to restructure the business to make it more attractive to buyers e.g. if the coach hire part is profitable then they'll split it off and put it up for sale and wind up the bus operations part.

Hopefully the better buses and the drivers transfer to other operators in the area.
Reference URL's