Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought the Renowns had been brought up to DDA Spec so are fine for Service? I know Renowns use up more Fuel but seem to last longer with a lot of older Renowns still in Service with operators including First
I know people have said that the gha fleet doesn't look appealing to buyers due to them looking rough but the solos look a lot better than the ones cumfybus are operating with.
The bodywork looks a lot better and cleaner on them gha ones than some of cumfybuses newer ones.
GHA Fleet Dispersal

I have produced a table to record the dispersal details of the GHA fleet. I have populated this with as much of the information I currently have. This includes details of which vehicles I am aware of have left and an indication to which finance company or other destination where known. In the case of vehicles to be sold at the current on-line auction I have listed the lot numbers. Where there is currently no entry it is likely that the vehicles are still at the Ruabon depot and will probably be included in the second or third 'on-line' sale to take place in September (and possibly October).

The table can be found at - LINK TO GHA FLEET DISPOSAL -

The only vehicles that I am currently aware of that have entered service or are with a new operator are the Solo vehicles YJ54ZYB, YJ54ZYE, YM52TPV, YM52TPY and YJ06YSE purchased by Llew Jones (as previously reported).
I would be grateful for any details or any information regarding new operators or owners of the GHA fleet that has recently left and the table will be updated. In addition to any other way I can be contacted through my website.

Since Monday - when the on-line auction opened - there have been a few additions to the sale and the revised catalogue can be downloaded from - LINK TO CATALOGUE – or via the auction site itself at – LINK TO BIDSPOTTER -.
Thanks ron, most informative & very comprehensive fleetlist.

I know it's not 100% but hopefully some of the leyland olympians are saved by preservationists. Also the leyland tiger is a particularly rare ish vehicle nowadays.
(11/08/2016 09:42)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Don't seem the Renowns are popular at all as no bids so far, some of the older Solos have got low bids tho so looks like they have a future

Definitely not if they don't have a wheelchair bay or ramp, that is one of the biggest requirements. The only one that did was the ex-Arriva/Go North East V reg one that returned to ensign
If i had the time and cash I'd love to of bought H74 DVM and put it back into shearings/timeline for preservation.
More GHA vehicles up for sale

I have found that two further auctions are taking place involving former GHA vehicles.

GWA Auctioneers and Valuers are selling 10 ex GHA vehicles using the same 'platform' as the sale at Ruabon. Online bidding ends 18th August – there appears to be no viewing – The auction site can be found at – BIDSPOTTER LINK -
The vehicles being sold are Profiles FJ06 BNX/Y, CM03GSM, Presidents W469BCW / W471WGH, Centro CA07GHA, Darts, CN04NLL/P, Solos DK09ENW / YJ06YRL.

AMS Auctions, Gloucester are selling 14 vehicles. Bidding ends 31st August and there is viewing for 4 days prior to the auction. - AUCTION SITE LINK -
Vehicles being sold are Sunsundegai GA08GHA, Berkof FN03DXM, Enviro200's YX64VRF/G/J/K, YY15CMX/Z, Cheetah GA13GHA, Solos YJ54ZYA/C/D/F and YJ54UBD.
(12/08/2016 20:00)DLG817 Wrote: [ -> ].
More GHA vehicles up for sale

I have found that two further auctions are taking place involving former GHA vehicles.

GWA Auctioneers and Valuers are selling 10 ex GHA vehicles using the same 'platform' as the sale at Ruabon. Online bidding ends 18th August – there appears to be no viewing – The auction site can be found at – BIDSPOTTER LINK -
The vehicles being sold are Profiles FJ06 BNX/Y, CM03GSM, Presidents W469BCW / W471WGH, Centro CA07GHA, Darts, CN04NLL/P, Solos DK09ENW / YJ06YRL.

AMS Auctions, Gloucester are selling 14 vehicles. Bidding ends 31st August and there is viewing for 4 days prior to the auction. - AUCTION SITE LINK -
Vehicles being sold are Sunsundegai GA08GHA, Berkof FN03DXM, Enviro200's YX64VRF/G/J/K, YY15CMX/Z, Cheetah GA13GHA, Solos YJ54ZYA/C/D/F and YJ54UBD.

There's a 64 reg Audi A4 listed with the buses. Did management buy that as a company car or something?

CA07 GHA is certainly attracting a lot of interest!
Looks like some of the finance companies aren't hanging around to get their money back
(13/08/2016 09:37)Garsty Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like some of the finance companies aren't hanging around to get their money back

Why would they want to hang around? Storing the buses costs them money, selling the buses results in them receiving money.
Reference URL's