Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isnt the next step to start downsizing operations to fit in with the amount of drivers they have , subject to correct procedural requirements.
Given the number of drivers GHA are hoping to recruit, I can understand why they may have engaged an agency to do the donkey work on their behalf. For GHA to review that sort of intake themselves would take a considerable resource in terms of time and money & it's probably more cost effective to farm this sort of work out given the numbers involved.

It also allows prospective drivers to be recruited over a much wider area, giving the company more scope in the quest to get these new drivers in post as quickly as possible.
They need to hurry up as am very surprised contracts have not been taken off them yet
But Surely if endles recruitment adverts fail to attract the numbers or maybe quality that you require and you maybe have in general a higher than average turnover of staff then it would be time to sit down and have a talk with yourself.
Personally i think they have took on more than they can chew as i think there's a shortage of bus drivers across the uk and the ones out there are more likely to try to work for the bigger companies due to terms and conditions as the conditions can't be that great if there struggling for drivers.
Tarvin are having a Going Half Arsed day today, no 84 runs and turns missing on the 82. Already seen a lot of fed up passengers at stops in Tarvin and Kelsall. It gets worse each time I try to sample the 82 and 84 routes. A shame really its all gone very unreliable and quite frankly not acceptable to the public and find it hard the management at Ruabon are allowing the situation to continue.

Plan B it is then!
There wasn't any sign of a 27 bus at Knutsford bus station at 09:45 this morning but it could have been running late. The two 88 services I saw were running to time. It seems at least some 88 services are being operated by Winsford drivers opposed to Tarvin drivers and the idea of all GHA Gold services being operated by uniformed drivers has gone out of the window.
Somebody senior at GHA needs to get a grip of what is going on before the TC gets her mits on the company .
The whole setup is embarrassing.
How much longer before action is taken? If it is simply down to staffing issues then why arnt the issues being addressed. The fact there having to advertise for over 100 drivers suggests they have sat back and done nothing.

As for the 84. They turned the screws so hard when another operator looked to be doing ok but surprise surprise once the compititon disapeared they cancel their 84 but am I the only person that isn't surprised that they have disapeared well before the 56 days notice.
(18/06/2016 19:37)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]The whole setup is embarrassing.
How much longer before action is taken? If it is simply down to staffing issues then why arnt the issues being addressed. The fact there having to advertise for over 100 drivers suggests they have sat back and done nothing.

As for the 84. They turned the screws so hard when another operator looked to be doing ok but surprise surprise once the compititon disapeared they cancel their 84 but am I the only person that isn't surprised that they have disapeared well before the 56 days notice.

The 84 setup is almost certainly down to staffing but who knows for sure. I visited on 4th June and all was running, the 6th nothing ran on it and on the 11th one vehicle ripped mid morning and another mid afternoon with one staying out all day. Previous visits in late May and some 84 runs were been dropped and some operated. The 82 dropping today is a new one that I have not seen before as the 82 is normally well run, A41 traffic at times excepted around Chester Races days, perhaps it will be blamed in the Tarvin Fate today, oh hang on they were missing before it started to close the main street in Tarvin. I gave up by 12:30 and enjoyed a normal day for a change!

I'm not knocking GHA for the sake of it, when you spend time and money to go and sample the services you expect them to operate as they are registered to do so. When doing the 84 over previous weeks I didn't dare get off at Crewe and wait for the next run, stayed with the bus as some days you would have to walk back or get the ARRIVA 84 service if you didn't so the GHA Day Ticket was hardly providing value for money. In fairness to the staff, all were friendly and polite and the ones doing the job must be getting some grief from the general public for things been missing, some of the fed up faces seen over the last few weeks at bus stops sums it all up really.
Reference URL's