Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12/04/2016 15:46)Katie Wrote: [ -> ]It has been on the 16/16A route since Saturday although it does not appear to have had many passengers on board. There were some passengers on the 10.40 from Dallam this morning the bus running immediately in front of NW. I saw the bus again later about 2.30 p.m. in Stockton Heath, presumably on its way back to Tarvin.

Cheers for confirming it. I had a feeing it was but on the day I seen it the destination wasn't switched on and there was no board in the window.
(07/04/2016 16:50)GHA Coaches Wrote: [ -> ]Although only 10 vehicles that regally operate into the TfGM area are being fitted with Ticketer machines the company has also purchased spare hand held versions of the machine, which work in exactly the same way as a fixed Ticketer so that if a bus with a Wayfarer TGX base plate is needed to be used on one of these services then a hand held machine attached to a plinth which fits the Wayfarer TGX base plate will be used.

That makes sense.

(06/04/2016 13:32)djb Wrote: [ -> ]Re-opening macclesfield would mean less risk of a bus being used on a non-intended service when available, as its easier to micromanage a small yard (i think the registration was for 15 vehicles, vs ?50? at winsford&tarvin). Given that the majority from the depot would be gm, or branded other (eg beartown), having one extra vehicle (eg the 87 board) with a gm machine also would offer resilience for substitutions.

Just thinking about the possibility of reopening Macclesfield and Beartown, is their any real difference in the interiors between the Beartown buses and the 4 x Solo SRs? I think they all have leather seats, wi-fi and seat belts, as well as obviously been modern buses and having similar capacity. As the Solo SRs aren't branded for any route they almost seem like the ideal buses to fill in on the Beartown services if the usual buses aren't available.
(12/04/2016 18:23)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for confirming it. I had a feeing it was but on the day I seen it the destination wasn't switched on and there was no board in the window.

Yes no destination or board in the window, I think destination plate simply read GHA coaches- in any event it is of course withdrawn from the 16th April.
Have GHA Given up / Lost this contract, as since the Easter break I have noticed it being operated by Voel Coaches
(13/04/2016 17:34)C209 GTU Wrote: [ -> ]Have GHA Given up / Lost this contract, as since the Easter break I have noticed it being operated by Voel Coaches

We lost it at retender due to a lower price.
Some obs of the 576 Oswestry to Shrewsbury the last few days under Shrewsbury depot operation:

Tuesday, full size Dart SK52 UTT and B10BLE R838 RPG (the later was coated in what appears to be weeks worth of mud!).
Wednesday, SK52 UTT noted running light out of Oswestry after completing 17:55 ex SY duty.

Interesting comparison to what Ruabon were operating towards the end on the service before the change of operating base, typically a Cadet or B10BLE and a Solo (or two Solos often on a Saturday). The fleet looked much cleaner working off Ruabon compared to what is operating on it now.
GHA Coaches Wrote:Following a review of our operations we will be withdrawing our bus services 16 & 16A between Warrington Interchange, Warrington General Hospital and Dallam and services 45 & 46 between Northwich and Warrington Interchange.

The last day of operation for services 16,16A & 46 will be Saturday 16th April and the last day of operation for service 45 will be Friday 29th April.

We would like to thank our customers for using our service and apologise for any inconvenience the withdrawal of these services causes.

There are alternative bus services on all of these routes operated by Network Warrington who operate a comprehensive network of bus services in and around Warrington. For information on their bus services please visit their website by clicking this link.

http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/warrington-a...616a45-46/

Credit to GHA for telling their passengers to use Network Warrington's services.
(14/04/2016 10:34)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/warrington-a...616a45-46/

Credit to GHA for telling their passengers to use Network Warrington's services.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENTS
(14/04/2016 07:47)GHA Coaches Wrote: [ -> ]We lost it at retender due to a lower price.

Thanks for the reply
(14/04/2016 10:34)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/warrington-a...616a45-46/

Hats off to them, good sportsmanship if you know what I mean.
Reference URL's