Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've asked the question regarding arriva macc depot having the 130s. Put the question to copey (aka dave cope) winsford depot manager & wait see what's what but probs won't no more till xmas time.
(06/10/2016 17:42)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]87 - Being cancelled from end of the month. Although D&G driver I know (ex arriva) says their having it & possibly re-numbering it back to the 99 again.

87 was 39 but that was changed due to GHA having another 39 route. D&G also have another 39 route but they've cancelled that service from 24th October.
A little later than expected - the third auction details are now available.

The viewing day will be Tuesday 18th October and bids close on Thursday 20th October.

The majority of the lots are equipment.

Not all the vehicles left in the fleet are included (yet). Perhaps they may be added to the sale in the next few days as happened in the 2nd auction.

Link to the auction details - HERE
T42 PVM - Macc should have space at the depot we've only got about 12 buses here total at any one time. Which are:

Geminis 4489-4491
Solos 700 - 707
A centro or commander on loan to cover if any of kit fleet are ever off the road.

Regarding contracts people are waiting with bated breath. Are high peak dropping the 19 at end of the month or keeping it on. Seems TSS are keeping very tight lipped until end of the month when hopefully they'll announce who's officially got what.
Well D+G management was in Altrincham bus interchange yeasterday checking out the facilities with a TFGM station inspector so i think that says they have the 88 Knutsford -Altrincham.
(08/10/2016 07:32)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Well D+G management was in Altrincham bus interchange yeasterday checking out the facilities with a TFGM station inspector so i think that says they have the 88 Knutsford -Altrincham.

There was also this in the OJEU:

Title:
N50200
Lot No: 8

Additional CPV code(s)

Place of performance
NUTS code: UKD2

Description of the procurement:
Route Start: Wilmslow;
Route End: Altrincham;
Minimum Vehicle Seating Capacity: 23;
Vehicle and Driver Required.

Whether that lot will be awarded and what exactly it's for wasn't clear. As there wasn't a separate one for Knutsford to Wilmslow and that the above mentions a 23 seater it doesn't look like the intention was to look at the option of splitting the route in Wilmslow. If it's for a couple of early and/or late services only then I don't think potentially awarding them to a different operator to the main 88 contract would be a wise decision.
(06/10/2016 17:42)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Told by an arriva driver mate of mine that we've got the following supposedly:

87 - Being cancelled from end of the month. Although D&G driver I know (ex arriva) says their having it & possibly re-numbering it back to the 99 again.

Congleton Town Work - 90/91/94 etc apparently picked up by hollinsheads.

42&78 - Congleton to crewe & the 78 nantwich route not awarded yet.

130 - Rumours floating about thus might be withdrawn on sundays.

Apparently contracts are awarded end of the month.

I've found this contract award notice interesting: http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:...XT:EN:HTML The Macclesfield to Bollington Friday and Saturday evening contract was up for renewal even if GHA hadn't collapsed (along with the 289.) The contract award notice confirms the 289 has been awarded to Howards, option B was chosen not option A (I'm not sure what the differences were) and that there were 4 bids for that route. However, it does not indicate an award was made for the Macclesfield to Bollington lot. Did any operator place a bid to operate it long term? GHA were the only bidder the last time it was up for renewal with D&G (who had acquired the route through their acquisition of Bakerbus) not being interested in continuing running the service.
TfGM have confirmed D&G will take on the 88 with a revised timetable in operaton and that Arriva will run the Sunday 130 with a new route in operation between Cheadle and Manchester: http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(08/10/2016 14:21)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]TfGM have confirmed D&G will take on the 88 with a revised timetable in operaton and that Arriva will run the Sunday 130 with a new route in operation between Cheadle and Manchester: http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx

I think route 88 could be the first notable operation by D&G in Greater Manchester. D&G could be an eventual takeover target for Rotala to bridge the gap between the Black Country and North West.
(08/10/2016 22:33)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I think route 88 could be the first notable operation by D&G in Greater Manchester. D&G could be an eventual takeover target for Rotala to bridge the gap between the Black Country and North West.

If SLT was still part of the same group the 88 route would actually be closer to their Atherton depot than either of the D&G depots. Knutsford's pretty much the same distance from Atherton as Crewe, while Altrincham is closer to Atherton. However, even when they were sister companies I think the intention was for D&G to bid for Cheshire contracts and for SLT to bid for GM contracts.
Reference URL's