Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12/05/2016 13:46)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I cant see GHA having that many Closed Contracts to need 19 Olympians and the remaining none DDA Single Deckers

Even though we have handed back the Reaseheath contracts we still have a requirement of around 65 across the group buses for school and college closed contracts.

Vehicles like Olympians and the B10M/B10B buses will are likely to remain in the fleet for use on these contracts until they have a major unit failure mainly because scrap value is at an all time low and these vehicles have a low resale value.

In my opinion there is no current or low floor double decker built as well as the Olympian. It is shame that the UK bus market did not get the chance to buy the Super Olympian built for Hong Kong.
Thanks, Thats a lot more than i was expecting
(02/05/2016 15:33)Scania1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Metroline, I have spotted that the best ticket for you will be the Red Rover (£6.80), as you can use that from Wrexham to Barmouth and other companies in Gwynedd such as Express Motors

Thank you for reminding me of this ticket. I considered other GHA routes in north east Wales, but in the end only rode route T3. I rode Scania-Enviro400 SN15ETE as hoped. As other buses here included an Enviro200 and even a Solo, I was wise to catch the first such double-decker!
(14/05/2016 09:15)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I rode Scania-Enviro400 SN15ETE as hoped.

Is that the one that's been off the road most of its life? Or is that one still on repairs, thought I'd heard it's been fixed, could be wrong.
(14/05/2016 09:18)DK09 GXY Wrote: [ -> ]Is that the one that's been off the road most of its life? Or is that one still on repairs, thought I'd heard it's been fixed, could be wrong.

I had heard one of these was under repair, but am not sure which one it was.
(14/05/2016 09:20)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I had heard one of these was under repair, but am not sure which one it was.

ETF is the one that has hardly been used since new due to RTC damage. I understand that it is nearly ready for service but the current delay is waiting for new door to be obtained and fitted. Taking forever.
(15/05/2016 16:14)DLG817 Wrote: [ -> ]ETF is the one that has hardly been used since new due to RTC damage. I understand that it is nearly ready for service but the current delay is waiting for new door to be obtained and fitted. Taking forever.

GA04 GHA was on the 11:05 T3 Wrexham to Barmouth on Saturday.
Very unhealthy sounding bus on the 08:45 Knutsford to Altrincham 88 service today. I think it was one of the Wright Renowns but with the big cloud of exhaust smoke coming out of the back it was hard to confirm what type of bus it was.
(15/05/2016 20:23)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]GA04 GHA was on the 11:05 T3 Wrexham to Barmouth on Saturday.

As my Scania double-deck on May 3rd was the 11.05 departure, I am pleased to have been there then instead!
PC1098981/44 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exchange and Crewe Bus Station given service number 84 effective from 18-Jul-2016.

So after deciding Routemaster were 'stealing their passengers' they must have decided loadings are too low to keep it running commercially.
Reference URL's