Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20/12/2015 15:07)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the 289 was a contract due to low patronage.
It can get good loadings between Lostock Gralam and Northwich, but that's about it as far as I've seen Confused

The 289 is a contract, it was previously operated by Swans Travel who also had the 200 contract. When GHA started running it the route was revised to include High Legh which added 7-8 minutes to the total journey time in each direction and meant the gap between services increased.

It would be more useful for the 289 to go to Warrington after High Legh now the 47 bus route doesn't exist but revising contracted services would require some thinking by the transport people at Cheshire East.
Does anyone know if the 46 in Warrington running today, as some schools are open whilst others are closed??
(21/12/2015 10:34)Nwales Bus Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if the 46 in Warrington running today, as some schools are open whilst others are closed??

Apparently it's not running.
Im sure i seen it this morning as there was a plaxton centro and an optare metrocity on the stands together before in warrington.
(21/12/2015 12:27)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Im sure i seen it this morning as there was a plaxton centro and an optare metrocity on the stands together before in warrington.

The 45 and 16 are still running but the 46 is school days only.
(21/12/2015 12:27)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Im sure i seen it this morning as there was a plaxton centro and an optare metrocity on the stands together before in warrington.

If you saw the 46 get in about 8 o'clock, that figures, as that one runs on school holidays too.
(21/12/2015 14:47)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]If you saw the 46 get in about 8 o'clock, that figures, as that one runs on school holidays too.
Yeah it would of been as i left at 08:12 doing my 360
Sorry to bring this up again, however a few folk I know (7) have commented that gha drivers are looking scruffy.

No proper uniform on some drivers which doesn't present well at all. A few have the full gha uniform ie black pants, white shirt red tie/jumper & a grey jacket. But there's drivers working in jeans etc & trainers!

Also it's been noted by myself & probs others that ghas buses ain't that clean. Particularly the deckers but in general the whole fleet needs a good internal deep clean plus any bodywork scuffs marks etc sorting.
(22/12/2015 07:34)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to bring this up again, however a few folk I know (7) have commented that gha drivers are looking scruffy.

No proper uniform on some drivers which doesn't present well at all. A few have the full gha uniform ie black pants, white shirt red tie/jumper & a grey jacket. But there's drivers working in jeans etc & trainers!

Also it's been noted by myself & probs others that ghas buses ain't that clean. Particularly the deckers but in general the whole fleet needs a good internal deep clean plus any bodywork scuffs marks etc sorting.

In Knutsford I imagine some people think the 88 and 27 routes are operated by completely different companies. The 88 being operated by modern Enviro 200s and uniformed drivers, while the 27 is operated by Cheshire Connect buses and drivers wearing whatever they want, many of the buses still contain notices relating to D&G or Arriva. In some cases an attempt has been made to remove the D&G notice and resulted in part of a notice being visible.
Nice to see a GHA Gold Enviro out in Warrington today!
Reference URL's