Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16/07/2016 11:16)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone have a link to the final full GHA fleetlist?
Ron's can be found here:
http://www.ronsbusesandcoaches.com/gha/g...-fleetlist
(16/07/2016 10:53)Garsty Wrote: [ -> ]Might see some GHA vehicles on the road today as apparently the administrators are getting them all centralized down in Ruabon from the other depots and outstations.

Sounds as though they're getting the fleet ready for sale/auctioning off if they want em all in one spot.
(16/07/2016 11:26)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds as though they're getting the fleet ready for sale/auctioning off if they want em all in one spot.

Some of the buses need to go under the hammer (literally.)
Noted on the A483 bypass near Gobowen just short of crossing into Wales heading northbound were two ex Webberbus Optare Versas, registered YJ60 LTA and YJ60 LTF.

2 + 2 would suggest that they are for the work registered to cover GHA service from yesterday from D Jones & Sons of Acrefair (which haven't operated yet). One point that is very disappointing is they have rushed to register the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen whilst ARRIVA Cymru at short notice have been covering it and doing a good job. Suggestions in Wrexham today claim the 5 will have D Jones on a 20 minute service on Monday. Meanwhile a host of other possible routes such as the 146 to Whitchurch have nothing.
Well Good luck to D Jones is all i say because Arriva have also registered their Service at every 20 minutes and soon hope to be on a every 15 minute frequency (once vehicles can be sourced etc) with changes to the times also to save them running behind or in front of a 2/2A/2C so Arriva will effectively between Wrexham and Trevor have an average of a bus every what 10 minutes if not less.
Out of curiosity, how often did the GHA 5 run?
GHAs 5 combined with the 5C operated every 10 minutes between Wrexham and Plas Madoc and every 20 minutes to Cefn Mawr/ Llangollen.
But Arriva have said if their is competition they are probably going to leave it at £1 flat fare so surely that will run D Jones right off the 5?
(16/07/2016 20:37)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Well Good luck to D Jones is all i say because Arriva have also registered their Service at every 20 minutes and soon hope to be on a every 15 minute frequency (once vehicles can be sourced etc) with changes to the times also to save them running behind or in front of a 2/2A/2C so Arriva will effectively between Wrexham and Trevor have an average of a bus every what 10 minutes if not less.

The Arriva Registration still hasn't been approved by the Traffic Commisioner
(16/07/2016 20:37)LJ51 DDA Wrote: [ -> ]Well Good luck to D Jones is all i say because Arriva have also registered their Service at every 20 minutes and soon hope to be on a every 15 minute frequency (once vehicles can be sourced etc) with changes to the times also to save them running behind or in front of a 2/2A/2C so Arriva will effectively between Wrexham and Trevor have an average of a bus every what 10 minutes if not less.

Thanks for the update, indeed good luck to D Jones and thanks for the info on ARRIVA Cymru remaining on the 5. I took advantage of the £1 flat fare today myself bertween two of the Commanders used for a round trip.
Reference URL's