Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BA56 GHA involaved in RTC othere night near ruthin

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...r-10823704
PG1073209/131 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Shrewsbury Bus Station and Bridgnorth given service number 436 effective from 04-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

PG1073209/139 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Bridgnorth, Sainsburys
Finish Point: Bridgnorth, Sainsburys
Via: Oaklands, Sydney Cottage & Richmond Drive
Service Number: 101
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 04-APR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
Posted in the Network Warrington thread

(07/02/2016 10:52)Katie Wrote: [ -> ]At 11.50 a.m. a GHA bus left Warrington interchange (either this was the late 11.25 or an extra bus which had been put on the route). The bus was a creamy colour with green stripes and the word CONNEXIONS on the back and one side of the bus. The destination plate simply read GHA Coaches Ltd. and someone had inserted a small piece of paper in the front window of the bus which read "45". The Registration plate was N8 GHA. We witnessed the same bus leaving Northwich for Warrington at 1.30 p.m. which presumably was the 1.20 running late.

Following on from:

(03/02/2016 20:07)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]No 16s again today. Surely if Winsford was down a bus it would have been sorted by now. Anyone get any idea is going on?

Very worrying that GHA have had not enough buses and not being running the 16 for a few days and have resorted to digging out a non-DDA bus to be able to run it. How are they going to manage running the additional services they have registered if they don't have enough vehicles to the services they already have?

Given what happened to Warrington Coachways I don't think GHA will last much longer in Warrington, if they don't cancel their services soon the Traffic Commissioner will do it for them if GHA are lucky, the TC could do much worse than just cancel them!
(07/02/2016 15:10)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Posted in the Network Warrington thread

Following on from:

Very worrying that GHA have had not enough buses and not being running the 16 for a few days and have resorted to digging out a non-DDA bus to be able to run it. How are they going to manage running the additional services they have registered if they don't have enough vehicles to the services they already have?

Given what happened to Warrington Coachways I don't think GHA will last much longer in Warrington, if they don't cancel their services soon the Traffic Commissioner will do it for them if GHA are lucky, the TC could do much worse than just cancel them!

Many thanks to knutstransport for transferring my comments which were posted on the WTB thread instead of GHA Coaches.

The reason why I continued why I continued on the WTB thread was because I had already engaged in dialogue with both Lynx and RSTurbo50. As we know they both regularly attend Warrington Interchange and I was of the opinion that either one or both of them would have the answer to my question regarding the said GHA bus.
I'd be interested to hear what GHA themselves would have to say as they quick enough to come on here and put members in there place regarding the more trivial items talked about. Terence made the comment on the WBT thread that GHA are a big company, of course that is 100% true. It's for that reason that it's totally unacceptable that GHA are failing to operate as per the advertised timetable on the 16, the fact is they are a big company who should have a contingency to deal with such shortages be it vehicles or drivers. What will be more interesting however will be when the traffic commission sticks its oar in.
(07/02/2016 17:02)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]Can't speak for the rest of their ops, but as Warrington Coachways consistently failed to copy GMPTE (as was) in on 37/37A/38 Registrations for YEARS, I don't think the TCs/VOSA pose a immediate threat to anyone that has less than say, 5000 buses registered in the UK.

Well South Lancs Travel were once forced to run a route for free and they were smaller than GHA. I can't see the TC forcing GHA to do that with their Warrington services though given it would harm NW as much as GHA.

TfGM did reprint their 130 timetable with missing GHA services not that long ago and claimed noone had told them GHA had added extra services.
SLT ran said route for free so as to continue to provide a service for passengers in an interlude between change of operators which meant they couldn't run a commercial service immediately. They started charging as soon as the registration went through.
According to a friend of mine one of GHAs Connect 88 Enviro200s found its way to Rhyl on 11 on Saturday evening, not to sure whether this is the first time one of them has appeared on the route though.
(07/02/2016 19:43)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]SLT ran said route for free so as to continue to provide a service for passengers in an interlude between change of operators which meant they couldn't run a commercial service immediately. They started charging as soon as the registration went through.

Ah OK someone once posted it was like the situation with Arriva where they changed their terminus to be on a road instead of pulling in to a bus station without revising the registration and the TC made them run the route for free for breaching their registration.
(08/02/2016 09:26)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Ah OK someone once posted it was like the situation with Arriva where they changed their terminus to be on a road instead of pulling in to a bus station without revising the registration and the TC made them run the route for free for breaching their registration.

Are you referring to the arriva situation in derby (which was complicated so probably not comparible), or has it happened round here too?
Reference URL's