Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GHA were no shows on the 84 all day, utter farse for non running of a timetabled service for a whole day and reports gleaned they had been dropping and cutting out services on the 84 all week. Routemaster C84 and ARRIVA 84 were on the whole on time all day, I travelled with both operators. Some of the stock intended for the 84 was been used on the 82.

The Nantwich diversion didn't really delay much on the day been a Saturday.
Not going to talk about the financial standing of companys on here but you have to wonder why GHA are doing this. It's ridiculous and I sincerely hope that the traffic commissioner gets involved sooner rather than later. Any chance they had of making a storm on Warrington has now evaporated as there are already a number of passengers who are boycotting their service and many who have switched back to Warrington weekly tickets because GHA simply can't be relied upon. It's not to say that they couldn't rebuild but they have lost all the hard work they initially put in to Warrington and their reputation isn't going to come back overnight if the 16 starts running again as people no longer trust GHA to not be running it.
(27/02/2016 22:15)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to talk about the financial standing of companys on here but you have to wonder why GHA are doing this. It's ridiculous and I sincerely hope that the traffic commissioner gets involved sooner rather than later. Any chance they had of making a storm on Warrington has now evaporated as there are already a number of passengers who are boycotting their service and many who have switched back to Warrington weekly tickets because GHA simply can't be relied upon. It's not to say that they couldn't rebuild but they have lost all the hard work they initially put in to Warrington and their reputation isn't going to come back overnight if the 16 starts running again as people no longer trust GHA to not be running it.
The 16 is withdrawn in April, so if it does start running again, it will only be for a matter of weeks.
(27/02/2016 17:09)solo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what was on the 84s today?. Was in Chester and didnt see any.

Seen a centro with high back seats on a 84 earlier in new livery
(27/02/2016 19:32)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]GHA were no shows on the 84 all day, utter farse for non running of a timetabled service for a whole day and reports gleaned they had been dropping and cutting out services on the 84 all week. Routemaster C84 and ARRIVA 84 were on the whole on time all day, I travelled with both operators. Some of the stock intended for the 84 was been used on the 82.

The Nantwich diversion didn't really delay much on the day been a Saturday.

They ran one at 1730 to Crewe with coach seated new livery centro as it was parked in next bay to where my bus was left with a good load as no Routemaster bus showed up
(27/02/2016 22:54)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]They ran one at 1730 to Crewe with coach seated new livery centro as it was parked in next bay to where my bus was left with a good load as no Routemaster bus showed up

That was on the 82, as for the Routemaster Bus that was G706 TCD which left at 17:35.

Edit: G706 TCD not GCD as I had previously noted.
(27/02/2016 22:15)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to talk about the financial standing of companys on here but you have to wonder why GHA are doing this. It's ridiculous and I sincerely hope that the traffic commissioner gets involved sooner rather than later. Any chance they had of making a storm on Warrington has now evaporated as there are already a number of passengers who are boycotting their service and many who have switched back to Warrington weekly tickets because GHA simply can't be relied upon. It's not to say that they couldn't rebuild but they have lost all the hard work they initially put in to Warrington and their reputation isn't going to come back overnight if the 16 starts running again as people no longer trust GHA to not be running it.

Does it not make you question what thier motives actually are? Are they in it to build a decent profitable network, or is it to make a quick few pounds or is it simply to try and muscle in on other operators.
The opertunity was there in Warrington to run a decent kind of alternative to NW and I think given time and more importantly consistency I think it could have paid off in the long run but I don't think that was there plan.
Without saying to much i have seen screen shots of some of the things some of the Drivers have been saying recently and moral does not seem to be high there right now, To keep things fair all the problems seem to be Tarvin Depot related So is it ok to assume everything is running fine at their other Depots?
(27/02/2016 22:54)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]They ran one at 1730 to Crewe with coach seated new livery centro as it was parked in next bay to where my bus was left with a good load as no Routemaster bus showed up

Incorrect, both CN57 EFC and EFD were on the 82 all day! Routemaster did operate the 17:35 ex Chester as I departed on it on time on G706 TCD and it picked a good load at the City Centre! A number of other enthusiasts alighted it at Chester at 17:30. To get your comment so incorrect did you look from a distance and make assumptions?
(28/02/2016 08:32)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]Incorrect, both CN57 EFC and EFD were on the 82 all day! Routemaster did operate the 17:35 ex Chester as I departed on it on time on G706 TCD and it picked a good load at the City Centre! A number of other enthusiasts alighted it at Chester at 17:30. To get your comment so incorrect did you look from a distance and make assumptions?

I was parked in next lane on a 2 (1745 from Chester to Birkenhead only) no Routemaster bus there when I got there just a stagecoach bus loading on 82/84 stop and that centro and I was sure the back LED was on 84 but my mistake

Sorry
Reference URL's