Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/05/2016 10:46)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]PC1098981/44 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Chester Bus Exchange and Crewe Bus Station given service number 84 effective from 18-Jul-2016.

So after deciding Routemaster were 'stealing their passengers' they must have decided loadings are too low to keep it running commercially.

Not surprised after using the service on Saturday. One round trip was missing late morning and into lunchtime and appeared to take up service at 13:55 at Tarvin with NJZ 9086. The duty after that then disapeared that had R638 MNU on so anyone wanting the 17:30 Chester to Crewe and 19:03 Crewe to Tarvin (the last through to Crewe and back out) would have been giving ARRIVA extra custom. However saying that I sampled a round trip on NJZ so GHA earned a day ticket out of me. The 82 service however seemed to work like clockwork saying that from what I saw.
(25/05/2016 12:32)Depotosw Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprised after using the service on Saturday. One round trip was missing late morning and into lunchtime and appeared to take up service at 13:55 at Tarvin with NJZ 9086. The duty after that then disapeared that had R638 MNU on so anyone wanting the 17:30 Chester to Crewe and 19:03 Crewe to Tarvin (the last through to Crewe and back out) would have been giving ARRIVA extra custom. However saying that I sampled a round trip on NJZ so GHA earned a day ticket out of me. The 82 service however seemed to work like clockwork saying that from what I saw.

It's rare the 82 runs like clockwork, but its out of GHAs hands. The traffic on the A road in between Tarvin and Chester is horrendous, seems to become a problem when there is an incident on the M6. The cancellation of the 84 certainly comes as no surprise but loadings seemed healthy on one of the early morning workings going through Tarporley on Saturday. Not far off a full load upstairs.
Yesterday I was spotted Trident President yellow livery with Reaseheath College services branding reg X---LLX from route 82 Northwich heading to Chester, spotted at fourways not far from delamere forest about after 2pm. They are still Reaseheath College services branding make me confused to see. I wondered if GHA lost Reaseheath Contracts or continue Contracts. DLG817 already report about Reaseheath College services branding will removed, post pages on 1630. Seem never been removed branding still there??
(25/05/2016 19:21)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]It's rare the 82 runs like clockwork, but its out of GHAs hands. The traffic on the A road in between Tarvin and Chester is horrendous, seems to become a problem when there is an incident on the M6. The cancellation of the 84 certainly comes as no surprise but loadings seemed healthy on one of the early morning workings going through Tarporley on Saturday. Not far off a full load upstairs.

Agree with that one, the previous Saturday was the complete opposite where runs were mainly 20+ mins late, all caused due to the long tailbacks on the A51 inbound from Tarvin to Chester been very busy, both ARRIVA and GHA 84's were also suffering due to this.
(25/05/2016 19:56)326VFM Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday I was spotted Trident President yellow livery with Reaseheath College services branding reg X---LLX from route 82 Northwich heading to Chester, spotted at fourways not far from delamere forest about after 2pm. They are still Reaseheath College services branding make me confused to see. I wondered if GHA lost Reaseheath Contracts or continue Contracts. DLG817 already report about Reaseheath College services branding will removed, post pages on 1630. Seem never been removed branding still there??

The X-LLX trio have been appearing a lot on the 82 and even the 84 of late. I have even seen X657 LLX working off Ruabon and appearing on the 5 to Llangollen.

Here is a view of X635 LLX on the 82 of late:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35721472@N...ed-public/
On VOSA:

PG1073209/60 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Crewe Danebank Avenue and Nantwich Bus Station given service number 39 effective from 30-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Could this be linked with the 84 Withdrawal
Optare Excel, V204 ENU was noted on suspended tow this evening (26th May) on the A5 Nesscliffe bypass heading eastbound. I suspect from the location this could have been heading for scrap with Shelton Motors, Cambridge where previous oddballs from the GHA fleet has gone for disposal?

Regards
Chris
(26/05/2016 16:04)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]On VOSA:

PG1073209/60 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Crewe Danebank Avenue and Nantwich Bus Station given service number 39 effective from 30-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Could this be linked with the 84 Withdrawal

The change is a route revision in Shavington. Same departure and arrival times as before: http://www.ghacoaches.co.uk/wp-content/u...0516-3.pdf
Some Shrewsbury obs to and from work today.

Noted Volvo B10M / Alexander Q, H87 DVM with 3x2 seating on the 18:10 to Ellesmere this evening!

Also on the 501 was Solo LJI 8023 coming off a short working and noted MPD SF04 ZXC on the morning 501.

Both Metrocities on the 576.

The 436 Bridgnorth had both Scanias missing with Versa MX58 KZF and B10BLE R839 PRG covering.

MPD AA52 GHA was on the 17:40 ex Telford 96, didn't see the other vehicle that does the main diagram.

Hope of interest
Chris
There appears to be some interesting comments on social media that ARRIVA Shrewsbury are to continue some if not all of the route lost on tender i.e. the 21, 23 & 26? GHA have since removed all reference to these from their previous big write up on the news page the GHA website and only mention the 511 now. Oddly the Shropshire timetables on the website have them listing the 21. Anyone know what is going on with it all?
Reference URL's