Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/10/2016 17:42)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Told by an arriva driver mate of mine that we've got the following supposedly:

87 - Being cancelled from end of the month. Although D&G driver I know (ex arriva) says their having it & possibly re-numbering it back to the 99 again.

Congleton Town Work - 90/91/94 etc apparently picked up by hollinsheads.

42&78 - Congleton to crewe & the 78 nantwich route not awarded yet.

130 - Rumours floating about thus might be withdrawn on sundays.

Apparently contracts are awarded end of the month.

The emergency contracts expire on 22nd October so the new contracts need to start on the 23rd or the emergency ones need extending
Mm - Told that as well by my driver mate & apparently arriva macc are taking over the 130 from jan 2017.

Word is all the sapphire pulsars currently used on 130s will end up with macc along with some new drivers as well.
If its true that Macc are getting the 130s from January and the Sapphires with it, I wonder how often the Sapphire Pulsars will end up covering for Geminis on 38s and how often Sapphire 38s will appear on 130s, I'm guessing it will happen as currently Wythenshawe's Sapphires regularly turn up on non-sapphire routes although yet to see a Sapphire on 88 & 178.
But if the 130 did go then i think Wythenshawe would struggle as thats one of there main routes.
Just what i've been told & what's been said, macc driver that told me was told by the depot supervisor. As for sapphire pulsars appearing on other routes & the gemini deckers on 130s who knows but doubtful.

The sapphire geminis generally don't tend to stray off 38s usually. The solos have sapphire spec interiors but without the announcements or branding etc. Double deckers on 130s, who knows??? Pulsars can manage the loadings fine & if a decker pitched up it'd probably end up half empty!
(07/10/2016 07:02)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]But if the 130 did go then i think Wythenshawe would struggle as thats one of there main routes.

Weren't there suggestions that Arriva were looking at selling off Wythenshawe due to the bus franchising that's due to start in Greater Manchester?
Pass, not heard anything along those lines yet. Would be a bit daft if they did sell off wythenshawe considering the investment they've made with the sapphire work on the 130 & 263.
(07/10/2016 09:21)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Pass, not heard anything along those lines yet. Would be a bit daft if they did sell off wythenshawe considering the investment they've made with the sapphire work on the 130 & 263.
That depends whether there are options to move the work to other depots. Extra dead running is cheaper than running a depot, see the demise of Skelmersdale depot as an example.
The only WY Service that could fit at another Depot is the 130 going to Macc (Assuming theres room at the Depot?) The rest of their Services are miles away from another Arriva Depot (Bolton being the nearest) And all that dead running is really going eat into the Service profits so i cant see Wythenshawe going anywhere
(07/10/2016 09:04)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Weren't there suggestions that Arriva were looking at selling off Wythenshawe due to the bus franchising that's due to start in Greater Manchester?

The thing is this franchising could work in arrivas favour and could gain more work out of it so would be daft to get rid as no one knows whos got what routes etc.
Reference URL's