Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/03/2023 11:01)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently they are talking to Arriva about taking on their yard in Bolton. My pal who works at Bolton reckons they were told at a meeting on Friday they are expecting 20 single deckers imminently.

That bit of land would make a lot of sense

Also being told 30 Streetdecks will be moving to West Midlands Operation due to the upcoming PVR drop
(07/03/2023 11:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]That bit of land would make a lot of sense

Also being told 30 Streetdecks will be moving to West Midlands Operation due to the upcoming PVR drop

According to my pal there’s only around 30 streetdecks at Bolton now. Looks like Eccles has some as there was a couple on X50’s yesterday.
(07/03/2023 11:46)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]According to my pal there’s only around 30 streetdecks at Bolton now. Looks like Eccles has some as there was a couple on X50’s yesterday.

Very much doubt that. There are 132 still allocated to Bolton so they will still form the majority of the fleet there once the service cuts come in. The ones at Eccles have been used on loan for the X50 and seem to be on a rotation.

I’m also presuming that those left or some of them will be sold onto GNW come September but nothing is public on that at the moment.
I've seen the diamond staff newsletter and an agreement has been reached to buy the go Goodwins depot at Eccles.
Also 60 brand new mcv single deckers are on order to be delivered before franchising starts and 8 brand new double deckers are to be ordered
(07/03/2023 22:08)NorthernCounties Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen the diamond staff newsletter and an agreement has been reached to buy the go Goodwins depot at Eccles.
Also 60 brand new mcv single deckers are on order to be delivered before franchising starts and 8 brand new double deckers are to be ordered
Well if they pull down all of the DNW depot and just tarmac it would be a workable depot with Goodwins depot being the office and workshops
(07/03/2023 11:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]That bit of land would make a lot of sense

There should only be 25 x Streetdecks moving to Diamond WM (5 x Redditch & 20 x Tividale Depot), they are required from Bolton to ensure that Diamond WM's fleet operating within the West Midlands boundary are all min Euro 6 from 1/5/23, to meet TfWM's new partnership rules.

They should also be the 25 newest Streetdecks leaving making those 40819-40843.
(07/03/2023 11:01)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently they are talking to Arriva about taking on their yard in Bolton. My pal who works at Bolton reckons they were told at a meeting on Friday they are expecting 20 single deckers imminently.

I believe Arriva only lease Bolton Depot, I understand it is still owned by Roger Jarvis (the former Blue Bus owner)
(07/03/2023 22:30)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]There should only be 25 x Streetdecks moving to Diamond WM (5 x Redditch & 20 x Tividale Depot), they are required from Bolton to ensure that Diamond WM's fleet operating within the West Midlands boundary are all min Euro 6 from 1/5/23, to meet TfWM's new partnership rules.

They should also be the 25 newest Streetdecks leaving making those 40819-40843.

Ahh is it 25, Driver i know said 30 once the PVR reduction has taken place
(07/03/2023 23:04)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh is it 25, Driver i know said 30 once the PVR reduction has taken place

Rotala have always intended to retain the 25 x Streetdecks + 40725 & 40726 & as they want to increase their double deck contingent within the group fleet.
(07/03/2023 23:11)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Rotala have always intended to retain the 25 x Streetdecks + 40725 & 40726 & as they want to increase their double deck contingent within the group fleet.
Preston bus & Midland Classic could take a number of the Streetdecks as they have older deckers. Midland classic has number of buses still not painted
Reference URL's