Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22/10/2019 08:25)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]The hired buses are 'First Manchester Limited' assets, therefore, it will be Manchester's finance team @ Oldham that need to pull their finger out and raise an invoice.

I could understand them forgetting to invoice for a handful of buses, but 121 is quite a lump of cash.

Would they be issued by Oldham anyway as I am told the head office there is empty, in which case would it not be Leeds, Hunslet Park that issues invoices like this for First Manchester?

Changing the subject, there are quite a large variants of liveries on the Citaro's 33021 to 33033 i've just seen 33022 ex Yourbus 3022 still in a plain Maroon Yourbus livery with Yourbus fleet names and branding for Y5 Derby - Heanor, with no Diamond fleet names, then I saw another that I couldn't ID in the opposite side in this livery but with all Branding removed and the White block Diamond North West fleetnames.
(22/10/2019 14:51)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Would they be issued by Oldham anyway as I am told the head office there is empty, in which case would it not be Leeds, Hunslet Park that issues invoices like this for First Manchester?

Which ever First finance function that looks that after First Manchester Limited's payroll & accounts then.
(22/10/2019 14:51)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Would they be issued by Oldham anyway as I am told the head office there is empty, in which case would it not be Leeds, Hunslet Park that issues invoices like this for First Manchester?

Changing the subject, there are quite a large variants of liveries on the Citaro's 33021 to 33033 i've just seen 33022 ex Yourbus 3022 still in a plain Maroon Yourbus livery with Yourbus fleet names and branding for Y5 Derby - Heanor, with no Diamond fleet names, then I saw another that I couldn't ID in the opposite side in this livery but with all Branding removed and the White block Diamond North West fleetnames.

I know 33032 was in the Diamond livery when I rode it on Saturday I assume a couple more have been repainted by now
(22/10/2019 19:53)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]I know 33032 was in the Diamond livery when I rode it on Saturday I assume a couple more have been repainted by now

33030 & 33031 are in two tone Diamond base colours, as is Enviro200 31407
I saw two vehicles yesterday with “On loan from Preston Bus” or similar wording in the front windscreen of two Bolton vehicles (one was a B7RLE)
What’s that about? And has the wash been repossessed at Weston Street?
John
(24/10/2019 06:30)stait.john@hotmail.co.uk Wrote: [ -> ]I saw two vehicles yesterday with “On loan from Preston Bus” or similar wording in the front windscreen of two Bolton vehicles (one was a B7RLE)
What’s that about? And has the wash been repossessed at Weston Street?
John

I was thinking the same about the bus wash as they never seem to be cleaned .
Interesting update in this weeks N&P:

Diamond Bus (North West) Ltd PC0004417
N&P number 2884 was published under Diamond Bus (North West)
incorrectly as the operator has never been called to a PI.
Please can it be re-published stating that they were never called to a PI in the
first place
Regarding the changes from next week all Diamond 34s will be operated out of Eccles Depot so unless some bigger buses are drafted in it seems that late 34s will be operated by a mixture of Optare Solos and possibly Streetlites.
(24/10/2019 06:38)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking the same about the bus wash as they never seem to be cleaned .

It’s the biggest pantomime going. I saw someone post on a Facebook group this week that all everyone seems to be doing is slagging diamond off - sorry but it’s a joke! Dirty scruffy buses. Various old or supposed new liveries. Drivers in their own casual clothes stopping where they want and pretty much doing what they want. Compare them to Go North West and you couldn’t tell two differentier stories.
Whats wrong with drivers driving in their own casual clothes when driving? Not sure if its still the case but theirs a company that's just moved near me in Chadderton where drivers are dressed similar.
Reference URL's