Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/12/2020 21:51)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]If my fleetlist is correct there are currently eleven Optare Solos which are 14 or more years old on Eccles' allocation

6 of the oldest ones were replaced by ex Preston Solo's relatively recently. Don't think anything below 56 reg is now allowed on tenders.
40754 was involved in an RTA Last night while operating on the 8

EDIT: I have been told a Car crashed into it during a Police Chase.
Not the best photo but shows 69157 freshly painted into Preston Bus livery. Looked pretty smart.
(15/12/2020 11:46)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Not the best photo but shows 69157 freshly painted into Preston Bus livery. Looked pretty smart.

Didn’t think that these would be getting repainted
(15/12/2020 11:46)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Not the best photo but shows 69157 freshly painted into Preston Bus livery. Looked pretty smart.

An interesting one for sure. I wonder how many are going and why they are going.
I could see the Ex First buses lasting longer than some of the new buses at Bolton. Diamond Bus North West needs Single Deckers and smaller buses more than Deckers so I can see some swaps once they get the fleet and covert 19 limits are removed.
(15/12/2020 12:22)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]An interesting one for sure. I wonder how many are going and why they are going.

Well what the rules with bus ages with LCC on Tenders
I wonder if they'll receive new fleet numbers?
(15/12/2020 13:45)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]I could see the Ex First buses lasting longer than some of the new buses at Bolton. Diamond Bus North West needs Single Deckers and smaller buses more than Deckers so I can see some swaps once they get the fleet and covert 19 limits are removed.

They have just put all their non standard single deckers at Bolton up for sale, now there potentially taking more in from Preston.
Like I said the other day, these will be here this time next year, but fair play to them they are bothering to paint them!
(15/12/2020 13:46)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Well what the rules with bus ages with LCC on Tenders

Apparently LCC are ‘a lot more relaxed’ with older vehicles being used on tenders so be interesting to see how many end up there.
Reference URL's