Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The arrival of the new deckers seems to have released the former/loaned First B7s to be used on other services as they seem to be regulars now on 574 and 715 daily now when both routes used to be operated by Solos, infact one of the former First B7s was out allday yesterday on 126/132 Trafford Centre services.

From today though it will be interesting to see what happens though with the B7s as due to the emergency tenders finishing in Stockport this releases the ex Yourbus Enviro200s that were used on these tenders to be used on other services.
(18/07/2020 20:56)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the confirmation I thought it was 12 vehicles the first batch I also assuming a lot of vehicles at Bolton will be freed up not just the First B7RLEs unless Bolton are that short of vehicles

Diamond were able to return the double-decks to First early due to Coronavirus service reductions. While some Streetdecks may enable some enhancements, supposing that some reductions are long-term, a few other buses besides ex-First B7RLEs will be spare.

Regarding a post below, I believe Diamond lose their ex-MCT work next weekend rather than today.
(12/07/2020 14:10)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday evening the 20.15 departure from Stockport of route 197 had a destination display alternate between Manchester and Bus full / social distancing, even though there were no passengers on board.

Snap! A 197 had just passed me on Whitworth Street on the 20:59 Manchester - Stockport with “Bus Full, Social Distancing” despite it being an Enviro200 with 1 passenger on board.
(19/07/2020 20:05)R311 WVR Wrote: [ -> ]Snap! A 197 had just passed me on Whitworth Street on the 20:59 Manchester - Stockport with “Bus Full, Social Distancing” despite it being an Enviro200 with 1 passenger on board.

Shows you Diamonds commitment to these contracts. When Bolton took the Stockport work over the destinations were wrongly programmed in and both the 197 and 7 will only display ‘bus full’ and not the proper destination. This was spotted and reported in the first week Bolton were running them and despite it being reported by drivers nothing has been done to sort it.
Service changes for this Sunday now posted on their website.

Retained work in Sale and Altrincham, while losing the 382, along with other contract work in Stockport to Stagecoach. 217 extended to Wythenshawe Hospital, replacing the 44 and 179.

Bolton depot sees changes to timetables for services 8, 36, 37, 163, 471, 524 and 582, while the X8 is restored and extended to start from Johnson Fold.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...july-2020/
(20/07/2020 18:53)SF07 Wrote: [ -> ]while the X8 is restored and extended to start from Johnson Fold.

I assume it's only being extended to Johnson Fold because it's running off a 501? Seems odd to route an express service up there otherwise.
501 arrives into Johnson Fold at 0613, 0643 and 0713, while the X8 departs at 0632 and 0702. So, would imagine it'll be a standalone service.

May fill in a gap at the moment, as Vision Bus are running a later morning service (Saturday service) on the 502 from Johnson Fold direct into Bolton via Chorley Old Road. Used to be weekday journeys at 0632 and 0652, but now the first direct journey to Bolton is currently at 0812.
I have to say whats going on with the number of buses without Displays in service even the first buses has they lost the computer program licence as a very high number are just rocking up with a A4 bit of paper with a number stuck to window. lack of care it so looks like. new buses maybe on the way but look after what you got before hand.
(21/07/2020 18:30)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say whats going on with the number of buses without Displays in service even the first buses has they lost the computer program licence as a very high number are just rocking up with a A4 bit of paper with a number stuck to window. lack of care it so looks like. new buses maybe on the way but look after what you got before hand.

Noticed loads today with no destinations and bits of yellow paper in windscreen. It’s so poor and for a company the size of Diamond it shouldn’t be happening.
I don’t think they have lost any computer licences they have simply doubled the number of destinations on the system, because they have the original destinations then by omitting the first of the three digit code for a 9 it brings up the destination but with ‘Bus Full’. I think some of the desti controllers on the buses have thrown wobblers and they haven’t bothered to sort them.

Having said that some of the Enviro200’s that have come up from the midlands have never had working destinations for Manchester - just shows how much they don’t care.
(20/07/2020 18:53)SF07 Wrote: [ -> ]Service changes for this Sunday now posted on their website.

Retained work in Sale and Altrincham, while losing the 382, along with other contract work in Stockport to Stagecoach. 217 extended to Wythenshawe Hospital, replacing the 44 and 179.

Bolton depot sees changes to timetables for services 8, 36, 37, 163, 471, 524 and 582, while the X8 is restored and extended to start from Johnson Fold.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...july-2020/

Although as you say the Diamond website mentioned Stagecoach taking over the 382 along with some other Stockport work. TfGM have updated their service changes page and that shows the 382 as going to Go Goodwins.
Reference URL's