Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Eccles is overstaffed and Bolton understaffed then why is Bolton Depot covering a number of Stockport tenders at the moment surely it should be sthe other way round?

Why would Bolton semd vehicles/drivers to Stockport everyday when their allegedly understaffed, it doesnt make sense?
(26/06/2020 05:52)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]If Eccles is overstaffed and Bolton understaffed then why is Bolton Depot covering a number of Stockport tenders at the moment surely it should be sthe other way round?

Why would Bolton semd vehicles/drivers to Stockport everyday when their allegedly understaffed, it doesnt make sense?

Not enough vehicles/space at Eccles as mad as it sounds. Former colleagues of mine at Bolton have been agreed transfers to Eccles but have been told it won’t happen for a while as Eccles is over manned.
(25/06/2020 18:41)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]With First buses only being on lease and Diamond needing some saloons to cover the Bolton work, why are there 3 (At least) 2013 ex Diamond eclipses come off lease. It seems bonkers for them not to have renewed the lease to help Bolton cope or to send back some First Eclipses.

https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-2
https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-1
https://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buse...hp?bus=177
(Not streetlites, just a strange link name)

The 13 plate eclipses have been returned as they are at the end of their lease agreements. If the leasing company had offered them for sale at a decent price, I'm sure Rotala would have acquired them.

Why renew leases when you have 130 x Streetdecks due over the next 12 months & the proportion of single deckers within the fleet will be reduced?? Also, the Eclipse's are not Euro 6 & Rotala are not keen on exhaust upgrades, they'd rather buy new Euro 6.
(25/06/2020 18:44)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I think the dates for vehicles to be returned to First was agreed at the point of sale last year before any of us knew about covid and the effect it would have. I suspect that any extension to the leases would come at a huge cost to Diamond and would probably effect Firsts plans for the buses too.

The dates for the First leased buses were agreed at the time of the sale, however, most of the First double decker fleet has been returned early and due to Covid / reduced Pvr, the opportunity was taken to return the remaining DD's early, especially when the first of the new Rotlala ordered Streetdecks are less than a month away.
(25/06/2020 18:51)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know all but one of them have returned off lease

Personally I think they'd be absolutely ideal for Go North West to continue updating its fleet

30948 was that last one to be returned off lease during June (on paper at least).
New Preston Bus livery Solo 20000 YJ11EKW is currently on loan at Bolton.
(26/06/2020 10:31)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]30948 was that last one to be returned off lease during June (on paper at least).

Im also assuming 30928 will go to Tividale alongside the rest of the 62 plate batch once enough StreetDecks arrive at Bolton.
(18/06/2020 16:58)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Long overdue by the sounds of it. One of my former colleagues reckons Bolton are extremely short of buses, so short that they couldn’t organise a replacement bus for one that was broken down in Woodley (382) for over 2 hours and only then an Eccles bus that was straight off inspection was sent instead.

The initial batch of StreetDecks for Diamond North West was due in April and the final batch in December. So with the temporary shutdown of WrightBus deliveries are inevitably delayed.
Are 126/132s being run by Eccles again? I thought Bolton ran them now 20166 is showing on the tracker at Eccles depot.
Yes I think 126/132 have gone back to Eccles Depot as I saw one of their branded Streetlites on 126 on Saturday evening and both the Esteem and Citaro that were covering on 126/132 were on other routes on Saturday afternoon.

The 16 branded Citaro was out on 524
And one of the Prestonbus liveried Esteems was out on 163.
Reference URL's