Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope the new Mellor minibuses are a regular type on route 79, so that it is easy to locate one. Even if another route, I prefer them not to be spread too thinly.
(11/05/2019 18:15)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the new Mellor minibuses are a regular type on route 79, so that it is easy to locate one. Even if another route, I prefer them not to be spread too thinly.
I tracked the route by car on Monday, and noted both of them - one on Langworthy Road, the other on its way back out of Swinton. I don't see them turning up elsewhere to be honest.
(11/05/2019 22:12)EDB325 Wrote: [ -> ]I tracked the route by car on Monday, and noted both of them - one on Langworthy Road, the other on its way back out of Swinton. I don't see them turning up elsewhere to be honest.

Thank you for your heads-up, it sounds encouraging.
I note that they have been worked on VH2's as well instead of the usual Merc bodied Sprinter 45 integral
It's to do with the Capacity on the tenders, the 79 is the only tender they can operate as the capacity is contracted at 20 people, all the others are 23. The 13's and VH1/2 are commercial so they can pop up on those as well.
Eccles depot KX11EER has appeared in service in new style Diamond Bus livery as seen today in Salford Quays on service 73 to Clifton

[Image: 47795850002_bc78c19712_b.jpg]
Diamond KX11EER by Mike McNiven, on Flickr
Looks much better and more professional.
Looks a lot more modern as i personally think one colour all over liveries are out dated.
I'm not into one colour liveries either, though we must remember TfL's all red livery fits into this category yet no one seems to whine about that. The dark blue livery has been good though for Diamond, except for the fact that with ageing it could become dull looking, I certainly preferred it to the Preston livery which just doesn't do anything for me in its current layout, maybe because Green and Blue tend to clash badly, having said that though those are Preston's own colours so not easily able to change away from it, although the Diamond based Blue would be an acceptable new livery for Preston Bus also and would cut down on repaint cost when vehicles are transferred to and from there to/from other centres like Atherton and Tividale.
(14/05/2019 20:04)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not into one colour liveries either, though we must remember TfL's all red livery fits into this category yet no one seems to whine about that. The dark blue livery has been good though for Diamond, except for the fact that with ageing it could become dull looking, I certainly preferred it to the Preston livery which just doesn't do anything for me in its current layout, maybe because Green and Blue tend to clash badly, having said that though those are Preston's own colours so not easily able to change away from it, although the Diamond based Blue would be an acceptable new livery for Preston Bus also and would cut down on repaint cost when vehicles are transferred to and from there to/from other centres like Atherton and Tividale.

'though we must remember TfL's all red livery fits into this category yet no one seems to whine about that'

Have to disagree. There is quite a bit of criticism about the TfL allover 'drab red' livery. As for Diamond, the new style livery is huge improvement on the previous allover prison van blue.
Reference URL's