Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(15/12/2020 23:08)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]They have just put all their non standard single deckers at Bolton up for sale, now there potentially taking more in from Preston.
Like I said the other day, these will be here this time next year, but fair play to them they are bothering to paint them!
Well by buying them it clear they could stick to 2 types at Bolton. Bit of TLC and they could get few years or until they get can move newer in from midlands
(15/12/2020 23:08)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]They have just put all their non standard single deckers at Bolton up for sale, now there potentially taking more in from Preston.
Like I said the other day, these will be here this time next year, but fair play to them they are bothering to paint them!

Isn't the plan for Diamond to sell the non-standard stuff and move the ex First Volvos to Preston when freed up from Bolton?

69157 being the initial bus painted into Preston colours with nothing coming the other way
(16/12/2020 00:24)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Well by buying them it clear they could stick to 2 types at Bolton. Bit of TLC and they could get few years or until they get can move newer in from midlands

I’d have agreed with you 24 hours ago but the fact they are painting these in Preston livery suggests most will be going to Preston.
(16/12/2020 00:30)Citibus Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't the plan for Diamond to sell the non-standard stuff and move the ex First Volvos to Preston when freed up from Bolton?

69157 being the initial bus painted into Preston colours with nothing coming the other way

Not heard that one!
Initially it was suggested a number of B7’s had been purchased from First and would be retained until the remaining Streetdecks were delivered. It could well be that only one goes to Preston but seems a little odd.

If my snout at First is right then Diamond have paid over the odds for the B7’s and they will want them to make a return before they are disposed.
The ex First Volvos are probably short term replacements for ex Preston Bus Scania single deckers which are all up for sale even though most of the Scanias are slightly younger than their successors.
(16/12/2020 01:19)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Not heard that one!
Initially it was suggested a number of B7’s had been purchased from First and would be retained until the remaining Streetdecks were delivered. It could well be that only one goes to Preston but seems a little odd.

If my snout at First is right then Diamond have paid over the odds for the B7’s and they will want them to make a return before they are disposed.

Sorry i should have said that was my reading of the situaiton not a definite plan!
(16/12/2020 01:09)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I’d have agreed with you 24 hours ago but the fact they are painting these in Preston livery suggests most will be going to Preston.
Well, they could move all the buses to Preston yes. But would they need all of them as Preston has lots of solos. but maybe they plan to move the 6 unpained Solo SR to Eccles? and replace with the ex first buses once they are replaced at Bolton. and maybe even the Citaros coming also. and to replace the Scanias
(16/12/2020 13:34)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Well, they could move all the buses to Preston yes. But would they need all of them as Preston has lots of solos. but maybe they plan to move the Solo SR to Eccles?

Not a bad shout at all. I think some of the B7RLEs could replace Preston's elderly Tridents as well

(16/12/2020 13:34)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]and maybe even the Citaros coming also.

If anything I reckon Preston's Citaros could transfer to Bolton to standardise the type on the latter
As looking at Preston they don't really have a standard. but by sending the B7s there and selling buses and moving the SR and Citaros out could make them using about 3 or 4 types . is Preston getting anymore new deckers? As they just sold some.
(16/12/2020 15:47)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]As looking at Preston they don't really have a standard. but by sending the B7s there and selling buses and moving the SR and Citaros out could make them using about 3 or 4 types . is Preston getting anymore new deckers? As they just sold some.

Apparently another 4 are due late May early June.
Reference URL's