Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know what depot is the 640/641 Operating from
(29/10/2021 20:02)Busmadperson Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what depot is the 640/641 Operating from

I think the new extra duplicate journey on the 132 Tyldesley (dep 0738) and Wigan (arr 0815) will supply one bus for the 641 leaving Wigan at 0830 - this bus could come from either depot.

Perhaps the duplicate not starting earlier on the 132 route suggests that this bus is coming from Bolton and not Eccles.
It appears that the Enviro200s that were still at Bolton have transferred to Eccles most likely to replace the Streetlites that have gone to Preston.
Does anyone know the PVR for Eccles? be much appreciated.
One of Diamonds Mellor Strata Merc bread vans caught fire tonight as it left Trafford centre. Judging by the video being shared on social media there’s not much left of it.
On doing some research on Bus Times it seems to have been 21203 that caught fire near Trafford Centre last night apparently it was running dead from Eccles to operate 247 service and looking on Bus Times and if its right the rest of the duty last night that it should have been on failed to operate with only one bus tracking on 247, I'm guessing if Bus Times is right Eccles didn't have a spare bus/driver to operate the duty which could be odd being a Sunday.

I wonder whether anything will be brought in to replace it as apparently Eccles are short of vehicles at the moment anyway as a couple of their TfGM Hybrids are currently off the road and have been for a while now as Solos and Enviro200s have been replacing them on 18 Eccles-Manchester Airport service recently.

The question will be will there be an investigation into how it caught fire and will the remaining Mellors at Eccles be checked over to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again?
(20/12/2021 06:53)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]On doing some research on Bus Times it seems to have been 21203 that caught fire near Trafford Centre last night apparently it was running dead from Eccles to operate 247 service and looking on Bus Times and if its right the rest of the duty last night that it should have been on failed to operate with only one bus tracking on 247, I'm guessing if Bus Times is right Eccles didn't have a spare bus/driver to operate the duty which could be odd being a Sunday.

I wonder whether anything will be brought in to replace it as apparently Eccles are short of vehicles at the moment anyway as a couple of their TfGM Hybrids are currently off the road and have been for a while now as Solos and Enviro200s have been replacing them on 18 Eccles-Manchester Airport service recently.

The question will be will there be an investigation into how it caught fire and will the remaining Mellors at Eccles be checked over to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again?

They can’t be that short at Eccles as they have a bus parked in Eccles most of the day every day for drivers to have their break on. It was last week mostly a Mellor merc minibus.
From the video it looks like it started either on or under the bus rather than under the bonnet as the bonnet looked to be the only part of the bus still intact and recognisable.
(20/12/2021 06:53)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]On doing some research on Bus Times it seems to have been 21203 that caught fire near Trafford Centre last night apparently it was running dead from Eccles to operate 247 service and looking on Bus Times and if its right the rest of the duty last night that it should have been on failed to operate with only one bus tracking on 247, I'm guessing if Bus Times is right Eccles didn't have a spare bus/driver to operate the duty which could be odd being a Sunday.

Wouldn’t be surprised if 30977 ends up coming to Eccles alongside the other Enviro200s as soon as It is freed up at Bolton
To confirm ex Preston Citaro 33009 is in active service at Bolton now and repainted. Just so no one moves it back to Preston on the Quack fleet list.
(06/01/2022 14:20)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]To confirm ex Preston Citaro 33009 is in active service at Bolton now and repainted. Just so no one moves it back to Preston on the Quack fleet list.

I wonder if all the serviceable Preston Citaros will end up at Bolton in time makes sense.
Reference URL's