Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure who keeps changing the status of 69157 on the quack 77 fleet list but it’s not at Preston but it’s still in service at Bolton. The only one of the repainted ones actually at Preston is 69186 and this is not in service as of yet.

Also, Citaros 33027/29 have been reinstated with at least 33027 in service already but every time they are listed back on the fleet list, someone removes them!!

Same with the solos that have come up from the south east to Preston via repaint at Bolton, get listed then removed!! Driving me mad as I’m not the only one who puts the correct status on the fleet list.

The monthly Diamond fleet changes are listed on the WM Forum and these I believe are provided directly from the company.
I feel your pain as it happens to me sometimes with other operators. I think whoever is making the reversions just sits monitoring the change feed. Some people must think they are correct based on a hunch or feeling and not actual evidence!

Quack77 now has a warning if a vehicle is moved to a dealer, as in reality many vehicles contiue to run with an opeartor until/if even, sold.
(07/03/2021 09:38)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure who keeps changing the status of 69157 on the quack 77 fleet list but it’s not at Preston but it’s still in service at Bolton. The only one of the repainted ones actually at Preston is 69186 and this is not in service as of yet.

Also, Citaros 33027/29 have been reinstated with at least 33027 in service already but every time they are listed back on the fleet list, someone removes them!!

Same with the solos that have come up from the south east to Preston via repaint at Bolton, get listed then removed!! Driving me mad as I’m not the only one who puts the correct status on the fleet list.

The monthly Diamond fleet changes are listed on the WM Forum and these I believe are provided directly from the company.

It's been exactly the same with me updating 30052 as being a Preston vehicle and removing 40619-21 which I believe went off lease some time ago

Bonkers
(07/03/2021 12:52)Citibus Wrote: [ -> ]I feel your pain as it happens to me sometimes with other operators. I think whoever is making the reversions just sits monitoring the change feed. Some people must think they are correct based on a hunch or feeling and not actual evidence!

Quack77 now has a warning if a vehicle is moved to a dealer, as in reality many vehicles contiue to run with an opeartor until/if even, sold.

Thank god it’s not just me. Drives me insane as they are literally changing allocations back within minutes.
(07/03/2021 14:38)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]It's been exactly the same with me updating 30052 as being a Preston vehicle and removing 40619-21 which I believe went off lease some time ago

Bonkers

Absolutely bonkers! Those Volvos did indeed leave ages ago.

It’s the same on bustimes too!
(07/03/2021 12:52)Citibus Wrote: [ -> ]I feel your pain as it happens to me sometimes with other operators. I think whoever is making the reversions just sits monitoring the change feed. Some people must think they are correct based on a hunch or feeling and not actual evidence!

Can they not just ban the person doing it’s IP address?
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, but have been alerted to the current issues on Quack77 by another member. Apologies, I understand how frustrating it is when valid changes are wrongly reverted. Thanks to everyone for your help and persistence in keeping the lists accurate, and sorry for being slow to implement any better system of governance.

For now, I have prevented those three Volvos from being moved back to Preston Bus by hard-coding their IDs into the page to trigger the "editing suspended" message. Clearly, that's not a manageable long term solution, but should at least stop this specific issue.

Yes, in theory I can block IP addresses, though true vandalism tends to come from a constantly changing range of addresses, so is quite hard to block effectively. In this particular instance, it does actually look like someone who normally makes good edits, including reverting quite a bit of vandalism; so I'm reluctant to just block them, even though it's annoying that they seem to have adopted a mindset that if they aren't aware of something being true, then they presume it to be false.

I realise I'm going to have to do something to stop confidence in the site being lost completely, so I will do my best to get around to building a better solution over the coming weeks and months (though with a full-time job and a family to work around, I can't promise anything). Ideally, this will include a facility similar to Wikipedia's "talk pages" - though a simpler solution, at least in the short term, might simply be to direct users to a thread set up on a forum such as this one.

Thanks for sticking with the site, and all the best,
Dave (Quack77)
(08/03/2021 13:47)Quackdave Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, but have been alerted to the current issues on Quack77 by another member. Apologies, I understand how frustrating it is when valid changes are wrongly reverted. Thanks to everyone for your help and persistence in keeping the lists accurate, and sorry for being slow to implement any better system of governance.

For now, I have prevented those three Volvos from being moved back to Preston Bus by hard-coding their IDs into the page to trigger the "editing suspended" message. Clearly, that's not a manageable long term solution, but should at least stop this specific issue.

Yes, in theory I can block IP addresses, though true vandalism tends to come from a constantly changing range of addresses, so is quite hard to block effectively. In this particular instance, it does actually look like someone who normally makes good edits, including reverting quite a bit of vandalism; so I'm reluctant to just block them, even though it's annoying that they seem to have adopted a mindset that if they aren't aware of something being true, then they presume it to be false.

I realise I'm going to have to do something to stop confidence in the site being lost completely, so I will do my best to get around to building a better solution over the coming weeks and months (though with a full-time job and a family to work around, I can't promise anything). Ideally, this will include a facility similar to Wikipedia's "talk pages" - though a simpler solution, at least in the short term, might simply be to direct users to a thread set up on a forum such as this one.

Dave (Quack77)

Cheers Dave, and thanks for all you do on the site. Don’t envy you at all!
(08/03/2021 13:47)Quackdave Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, but have been alerted to the current issues on Quack77 by another member. Apologies, I understand how frustrating it is when valid changes are wrongly reverted. Thanks to everyone for your help and persistence in keeping the lists accurate, and sorry for being slow to implement any better system of governance.

Dave (Quack77)

Cheers Dave, and thanks for all you do on the site. Don’t envy you at all!
20185 Is now back at Eccles its on 583/584s Today
Reference URL's