Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/12/2020 07:51)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]I said

mmm and here me thinking the buses are for Hallmark but are at Eccles until there needed. https://www.route-one.net/news/new-stree...s-closure/

This makes out they planned to buy nice buses for them routes.

I did not say they planned I said they makes it out a twist of what happened to save face.

Fair enough. Now you've explained it I understand the point you were making

I have issues understanding context at times so I apologise
(09/12/2020 14:52)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]The ex First double deckers weren't needed for capacity at the start of the pandemic (during first lockdown) as everyone was advised against travelling by bus. I think you'll find once the latest batch of 9 x Streetdecks (40795-804) enter service, Bolton will have the highest proportion of double deckers it's had for a long time.

Most if not all of the newer buses that are disposed of are leased, the 4 x Volvo B5LH recently dispensed with at Preston will be replaced with 4 x new Streedecks May-June 2021 when the final batch of 39 in total arrive for Bolton & Preston. Those 4 Hybrids were bought off the lessor, but they are non standard in the fleet. The Scania/Esteems currently up for sale are not liked by Rotala, the Preston examples are very tatty externally.

Didn’t see any other companies getting rid of deckers at the start of the pandemic. They would have been far better retaining the deckers and returning the B7’s given their condition.

And Bolton will also have one of the oldest scruffiest batches of single deckers once GNW’s start to get withdrawn next month.
The B7’s have gone from someone else’s problem to company assets on the books that will need considerable amounts of money spending on them to get them through the next 12 months.
(09/12/2020 15:57)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t see any other companies getting rid of deckers at the start of the pandemic. They would have been far better retaining the deckers and returning the B7’s given their condition.

And Bolton will also have one of the oldest scruffiest batches of single deckers once GNW’s start to get withdrawn next month.
The B7’s have gone from someone else’s problem to company assets on the books that will need considerable amounts of money spending on them to get them through the next 12 months.

Other companies weren't in the position Diamond were in at the start of the pandemic but I think you'll find quite a few others stood down a large amount of their deckers.

The B7s are a stopgap until the final deckers arrive so I'm pretty sure most will be gone come June next year. The full batch of Streetdecks should have all been delivered by this month and the B7s returned to First but obviously they've no need for all of them. Also, some will then be converted into trainers to replace the B10BLEs.

How do you know they will need considerable amounts spending on them??

Diamond's fleet average age is already low at 7.3 years and that's with the leased B7s and will be considerably lower when the full 128 streetdecks are delivered. Plus any non-standard vehicles will have gone.
(09/12/2020 15:57)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t see any other companies getting rid of deckers at the start of the pandemic. They would have been far better retaining the deckers and returning the B7’s given their condition.

NXWM didn't dispose of any deckers at the start of the pandemic, but had 1000 x buses SORN instead. The ex First leased deckers weren't required at the time, new Streetdecks were on the way, so why bother paying First to continue leasing deckers parked up earning nothing ?? the deckers being newer would of had higher leasing costs too.

GNW haven't purchased a single new bus since entering Manchester. They've only brought in mid life refurbished buses from around group + some newer ex stock Enviro200's. Considering the size of Rotala Group, the size of the Wrightbus order & DBNW allocation is pretty impressive in my book. By summer 2021, Bolton will have circa 140 Euro 6 double deckers bought brand new & all less than two years old, it seems some people are never satisfied.

Another batch of ex First leased B7RLE's will be gone from Bolton by the end of this year, there are another 9 x Streetdecks already allocated registrations/fleetnumbers & I believe there are still another 18 due by end of Dec/early Jan before there will be a gap in deliveries (down to Wrightbus production) before the remaining 39 x Streetdecks arrive May-June 2021. Considering the B7RLE's are in such poor condition, First have homes already allocated for the ones returning & I doubt they'll see much TLC (some may get a repaint at most). Rotala purchased the 28 x B7RLE off First at a good price, thus making it more cost effective to buy them than continue leasing until they are fully withdrawn from Bolton by early summer 2021, therefore, they don't need to last another 12 months, some are potentially earmarked to replace trainers once finishing in passenger service.

(09/12/2020 15:14)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Are the 4 final StreetDecks for Preston extras or are they part of the original order of 132?

Part of the original order, Preston were originally intended to have 8 in total, but the other 4 were diverted to Bolton instead.
(09/12/2020 17:46)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]NXWM didn't dispose of any deckers at the start of the pandemic, but had 1000 x buses SORN instead. The ex First leased deckers weren't required at the time, new Streetdecks were on the way, so why bother paying First to continue leasing deckers parked up earning nothing ?? the deckers being newer would of had higher leasing costs too.

GNW haven't purchased a single new bus since entering Manchester. They've only brought in mid life refurbished buses from around group + some newer ex stock Enviro200's. Considering the size of Rotala Group, the size of the Wrightbus order & DBNW allocation is pretty impressive in my book. By summer 2021, Bolton will have circa 140 Euro 6 double deckers bought brand new & all less than two years old, it seems some people are never satisfied.

Another batch of ex First leased B7RLE's will be gone from Bolton by the end of this year, there are another 9 x Streetdecks already allocated registrations/fleetnumbers & I believe there are still another 18 due by end of Dec/early Jan before there will be a gap in deliveries (down to Wrightbus production) before the remaining 39 x Streetdecks arrive May-June 2021. Considering the B7RLE's are in such poor condition, First have homes already allocated for the ones returning & I doubt they'll see much TLC (some may get a repaint at most). Rotala purchased the 28 x B7RLE off First at a good price, thus making it more cost effective to buy them than continue leasing until they are fully withdrawn from Bolton by early summer 2021, therefore, they don't need to last another 12 months, some are potentially earmarked to replace trainers once finishing in passenger service.

Part of the original order, Preston were originally intended to have 8 in total, but the other 4 were diverted to Bolton instead.
Thanks for the confirmation so its actually 124 that Bolton will be receiving in total?
(09/12/2020 17:46)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]NXWM didn't dispose of any deckers at the start of the pandemic, but had 1000 x buses SORN instead. The ex First leased deckers weren't required at the time, new Streetdecks were on the way, so why bother paying First to continue leasing deckers parked up earning nothing ?? the deckers being newer would of had higher leasing costs too.

Ive worked out that 43 StreetDecks are still due excluding the 10 have already been registered and assigned fleet numbers if its still 132 vehicles in total.
(09/12/2020 18:08)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the confirmation so its actually 124 that Bolton will be receiving in total?

Yes, 132 new Rotala Spec Streetdecks split between Bolton = 124 & Preston 8

Plus Bolton have obviously had 40700-40715 (16) making 140 Streetdecks in total.
I would think they would run the B7RLE to the ground and keep them for the areas that are getting windows put in. they also make good buses for school runs they could tart them up a bit if needed as they are workhorses.
(09/12/2020 18:11)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive worked out that 43 StreetDecks are still due excluding the 10 have already been registered and assigned fleet numbers if its still 132 vehicles in total.

I think your right, I was trying to match the batch of 9 with original delivery sequence.

9 were due by 1/12/2020, then a final batch of 57 were originally due by end of Dec 2020, 39 are now delayed leaving 18 (as per my original post), but it looks as though most of the 18 from that batch are accounted for.
(09/12/2020 18:11)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive worked out that 43 StreetDecks are still due excluding the 10 have already been registered and assigned fleet numbers if its still 132 vehicles in total.

That's right. 40805-847 are still outstanding

Does anyone know the registrations of 40795-804 please?
Reference URL's