Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any idea why they're being sent back early considering drivers are still saying Bolton is still short on buses..
In the eighties and 90s when it was gmbuses the 582 was bob on ..2019 it's a mess ..it should be the other way round
(08/11/2019 21:06)johnluke Wrote: [ -> ]In the eighties and 90s when it was gmbuses the 582 was bob on ..2019 it's a mess ..it should be the other way round

There's a lot more congestion now than there was in the 90's.
I seen one of the ex west midland buses has no driver screen. putting that out is a bit iffy only a matter of time for drivers to not want to take that bus out
(20/11/2019 16:38)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]I seen one of the ex west midland buses has no driver screen. putting that out is a bit iffy only a matter of time for drivers to not want to take that bus out

Almost everything that was at Atherton also has no driver screen, always wondered the reason for mixing them without fitting driver protection screens fleet wide when Unions at First had specified that all buses should be fitted with driver protection screens.

On a seperate note looks like there have been some minor operational changes as Streetlite's 20157 and 20160 have been seen over the last two days working on service 683 Leigh - Shakerley, this was a Bolton working so looks like either the vehicles have transfered to Bolton or the route has transferred to Eccles, the later is my suspicion as the same Streetlite 20160 was used both yesterday and today. Maybe this is to relieve driver shortages, also looks like 31408 YX17 NJK has moved to Eccles in connection with the above, as this was seen hoping between Tyldesley and Leigh this evening out of service running possibly between Eccles workings.
From what I've been told recently the services to/from Tyldesley/Shakerley to Leigh are now operated out of Eccles Depot along with 607 Wigan-Ashton service.
Not sure how true it is but apparently the 517 and 574 are being merged into one route in the near future
(20/11/2019 21:20)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Almost everything that was at Atherton also has no driver screen, always wondered the reason for mixing them without fitting driver protection screens fleet wide when Unions at First had specified that all buses should be fitted with driver protection screens.

On a seperate note looks like there have been some minor operational changes as Streetlite's 20157 and 20160 have been seen over the last two days working on service 683 Leigh - Shakerley, this was a Bolton working so looks like either the vehicles have transfered to Bolton or the route has transferred to Eccles, the later is my suspicion as the same Streetlite 20160 was used both yesterday and today. Maybe this is to relieve driver shortages, also looks like 31408 YX17 NJK has moved to Eccles in connection with the above, as this was seen hoping between Tyldesley and Leigh this evening out of service running possibly between Eccles workings.

Maybe with the approach of Xmas shopping, the Streetlites are considered too small for some of the Trafford Centre services? I was on an early morning 126 last saturday, and whilst not full, it was busier than normal.
(21/11/2019 13:40)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how true it is but apparently the 517 and 574 are being merged into one route in the near future

Would make sense for ease of operations as both routes have common terminal points and if the 517 is to remain at Bolton would make sense for ease of operations, in terms of day time operations, suspect this also is only a fraction of thinks that might happen with the commercial network, suspect now that former Atherton routes are being operated out of Bolton and Eccles and that the realities of large driver wages sink home that routes will have to be reshaped in order to keep them profitable and efficient, be it merging routes or cutting frequencies or altering the routes altogether.

Also competition from Rosso over part of the 471 route between Bury and Rochdale may mean Diamond placing other resources over this or other Rosso services as some sort of response. Also suspect that Rotala may have future plans for Bolton that may see other corridors being explored in order to develop the business and also to retain market share but that will be dependent on staff shortage issues being resolved.
(21/11/2019 21:12)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Also competition from Rosso over part of the 471 route between Bury and Rochdale may mean Diamond placing other resources over this or other Rosso services as some sort of response. Also suspect that Rotala may have future plans for Bolton that may see other corridors being explored in order to develop the business and also to retain market share but that will be dependent on staff shortage issues being resolved.

I'm not sure there is much spare depot capacity at Bolton to grow the fleet/routes operated out of there.
Reference URL's