Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/12/2020 15:29)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Well you goto think reason arriva ones ended up at DNW.

Those StreetDecks were rejected by First. Not Arriva
(06/12/2020 15:47)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]Those StreetDecks were rejected by First. Not Arriva

I know this probably isnt true but I personally think First sold them to Diamond as part of the deal for Bolton.
(06/12/2020 15:47)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]Those StreetDecks were rejected by First. Not Arriva
40714 - SL16 YPH
Wright StreetDeck
ex Arriva Kent & Surrey 6801

Was on a 12 months trial and they got rid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDC3mXh3Mn0
(06/12/2020 16:20)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this probably isnt true but I personally think First sold them to Diamond as part of the deal for Bolton.
They was ordered for Leeds
(06/12/2020 17:12)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]40714 - SL16 YPH
Wright StreetDeck
ex Arriva Kent & Surrey 6801

Was on a 12 months trial and they got rid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDC3mXh3Mn0

I am fully aware of that. However you said "Arriva ones" which is plural (more than one)

Although to be precise there aren't any ex-Arriva StreetDecks in the fleet at all. SL16 YPH was owned by Wrightbus

(06/12/2020 15:29)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Well you goto think reason arriva ones ended up at DNW. You know there going to be issues when there one with a inside panel made by the fitters as the clips broken.
(06/12/2020 17:48)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]I am fully aware of that. However you said "Arriva ones" which is plural (more than one)

Although to be precise there aren't any ex-Arriva StreetDecks in the fleet at all. SL16 YPH was owned by Wrightbus
Did not know they only had the one made in arriva spec. but it clear they planned for more.
(06/12/2020 19:26)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Did not know they only had the one made in arriva spec. but it clear they planned for more.

Either way it’s becoming clear these Streetdecks are troublesome and as one Bolton driver told me, he prefers to take a cold tired B7 over a ‘poverty spec’ Street deck.
(06/12/2020 19:43)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Either way it’s becoming clear these Streetdecks are troublesome and as one Bolton driver told me, he prefers to take a cold tired B7 over a ‘poverty spec’ Street deck.
LOL yep Poverty spec like I posted no tree guard that cutting the spec fine
Interesting comment made elsewhere suggests the agreement was that the remaining loaned vehicles had to be returned by end of 2020, so effectively they have been forced to buy rather than return.
If it’s true I wonder whether First have let them go cheap or will Diamond have paid over the odds for them.
It potentially gives Go North West a potential buyer for there’s too Smile
(06/12/2020 19:43)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Either way it’s becoming clear these Streetdecks are troublesome and as one Bolton driver told me, he prefers to take a cold tired B7 over a ‘poverty spec’ Street deck.

Hardly troublesome when all that are needed are out in service. A bloody great investment which nobody else is doing at the moment.
Reference URL's