Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/12/2020 19:58)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]LOL yep Poverty spec like I posted no tree guard that cutting the spec fine

And I don’t know how much they paid for someone to come up with the branding on the 163 buses but the stupid captains on the Back of each bus looks like it’s been done by a 5 year old.
‘I’m going to our lass’s in Langley’

It’s cringed to say the least.
(06/12/2020 20:01)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Hardly troublesome when all that are needed are out in service. A bloody great investment which nobody else is doing at the moment.

Can only go off what my mate said who works there. At least 10 waiting for major warrenty work, the handful I’ve seen with rear ends caked in oil and I’ve seen at least 3 recovered from bury in last few weeks and one recovered from outside shudehill.

I’m not saying it’s not good to see investment but have they invested wisely or is it down to their in-house maintenance??
Yesterday while in Leigh I spotted Streetlite 20188 BX70GHJ opertating 16:45 Leigh-Tyldesley service, apparently this only got as far as Shakerley befire having its rear window smashed while on route after this it apparently ran dead back to Eccles Depot.

Not to sure whether Eccles has got the facilities to repear the window or whether they'll have it replaced at Bolton.
As for the Streetdecks what Mayneway is saying is actuallly true as I've been told this by a good friend of mine who used to work at First at Bolton but is now a Diamond Driver at the same Depot.
(06/12/2020 20:01)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Hardly troublesome when all that are needed are out in service. A bloody great investment which nobody else is doing at the moment.
Like I have posted Manchester is not the place to buy new fleet it better to limp as you don't know what going to happen TFGM could say we want a set type of bus and you are then stuck with a fleet on finance that need to be sold or TFGM take over at the book price not what outstanding on finance
(06/12/2020 20:02)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]And I don’t know how much they paid for someone to come up with the branding on the 163 buses but the stupid captains on the Back of each bus looks like it’s been done by a 5 year old.
‘I’m going to our lass’s in Langley’

It’s cringed to say the least.

Maybe it should say am going to my Dealer in Langley lol
(06/12/2020 20:12)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday while in Leigh I spotted Streetlite 20188 BX70GHJ opertating 16:45 Leigh-Tyldesley service, apparently this only got as far as Shakerley befire having its rear window smashed while on route after this it apparently ran dead back to Eccles Depot.

Not to sure whether Eccles has got the facilities to repear the window or whether they'll have it replaced at Bolton.

And when they work out you can smash round destination Screen and that messy when you do.
40625 has returned to Bolton. Really don't think they can make their mind up with this one!
Interesting story tonight in the MEN.
Tax payers won’t be happy but goes to show how one sided the council and TFGM are!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...ugynQLpwoE
mmm and here me thinking the buses are for Hallmark but are at Eccles until there needed. https://www.route-one.net/news/new-stree...s-closure/

This makes out they planned to buy nice buses for them routes.
Reference URL's