Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(16/01/2021 12:24)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]As I understand it, the entire route network, fares, frequencies and vehicle type would be determined by TfGM as currently happens in London. Bus operators would be invited to tender for specific routes or bundles of routes and it would be then up to TfGM to award these contracts. In most cases - though not all - the contract would most likely be awarded to the operator with the lowest tender for financial support.

This franchising system has been adopted successfully in many parts of the world.

As for your friend who was "silly with his paperwork", did he not realise that the first legal requirement of running a business is to keep detailed, accurate accounts and that they need to be submitted to HMRC annually? Anyone on this site who runs a business (bus or otherwise) will confirm this to be the case.

Nightclub / bars are not always by the book with money under the counter lots of cash and many DJ/Techs/cleaners/hire firms work in cash and used for iffy money reason the underworld used to like them. But my point is they look at books when they work out what they will pay for loss of earning if you had less income and been given ballouts it does mess with what would be offered. it`s the time to buy not sell

But what not been talked about is what happened in Cornwall with Transport for Cornwall now that would be the way to go with Transport for Manchester taking all Tenders inhouse with them taking all fares and risk and finding 1 company to run them all at a set fee who then will run them or find someone to run them. then commercial routes having to get a permit like London. now I could see DNW being happy for that as they could carry on with there core routes and has the new buses to go for Transport for Manchester work
(17/01/2021 09:45)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]now I could see DNW being happy for that as they could carry on with there core routes and has the new buses to go for Transport for Manchester work

I don't think this is what TfGM intends to do. My understanding that ALL bus routes will come under public control and put out to tender. DBNW and every other operator would not be allowed to keep running its most profitable routes. Rather it wants to go back to the way it was prior to deregulation in 1986, when it was not permissible for a private operator to register or run a bus service without the agreement of the local transport authority.

In the early 1980s, a trial was conducted in Hereford whereby private operators were allowed to register and run services and this became the template - with the exception of London and Northern Ireland - for the whole of the UK.

As they say, what goes around comes around and in a few years time we may well be back where we started.
(17/01/2021 11:54)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think this is what TfGM intends to do. My understanding that ALL bus routes will come under public control and put out to tender. DBNW and every other operator would not be allowed to keep running its most profitable routes. Rather it wants to go back to the way it was prior to deregulation in 1986, when it was not permissible for a private operator to register or run a bus service without the agreement of the local transport authority.

In the early 1980s, a trial was conducted in Hereford whereby private operators were allowed to register and run services and this became the template - with the exception of London and Northern Ireland - for the whole of the UK.

As they say, what goes around comes around and in a few years time we may well be back where we started.

There bus routes in London not run by TFL like 812 http://www.hackneyct.org/the_hct_group/h.../route_812

and many of the cross border routes

So there would be loopholes as it happens in London

The loophole is The proposed service must not be against the interests of the London
public. or put other way TFL dont want to run the service
A 4th White Streetlite has turned up in the form of 20189 BX70GHK however this one is at Bolton.
69146 is another painted for Preston Bus although just seen a photo of it in service on the 524.
(18/01/2021 20:42)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]69146 is another painted for Preston Bus although just seen a photo of it in service on the 524.

I’m surprised as I personally thought 69157-69186 would be the 10 for Preston
(18/01/2021 20:55)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m surprised as I personally thought 69157-69186 would be the 10 for Preston

Yeah you would have thought so but probably going off MOT dates etc. All same age part from the earlier ones. Think 69156 is another repaint, can see it in the background on the DBNW Twitter and FB post about branding more streetdecks.
(19/01/2021 14:36)WWH44L Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah you would have thought so but probably going off MOT dates etc. All same age part from the earlier ones. Think 69156 is another repaint, can see it in the background on the DBNW Twitter and FB post about branding more streetdecks.

Im guessing they'll be just repainting 9 random 06 Plates along with 69186 and im assuming they are a stopgap for Preston until they can acquire 10 new vehicles since they wont be being renumbered.
(19/01/2021 14:56)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Im guessing they'll be just repainting 9 random 06 Plates along with 69186 and im assuming they are a stopgap for Preston until they can acquire 10 new vehicles since they wont be being renumbered.

Having looked at the photo again it might be 69157 which we know had already been repainted. Both have similar registrations, VNM & VNN. 69156 hadn’t been tracking since late December too so will need to wait confirmation until we see it in the flesh or a clearer photo!
(19/01/2021 14:56)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Im guessing they'll be just repainting 9 random 06 Plates along with 69186 and im assuming they are a stopgap for Preston until they can acquire 10 new vehicles since they wont be being renumbered.
Are they going to replace them with new buses mind you? As they been painted into Preston bus colours could of just painted them base coat for resale. New buses may replace others there first.
Reference URL's