Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24/09/2020 12:27)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how many of the Eccles routes could be run by Bolton should Diamond give up on Eccles

I don’t think they will give up on it but Eccles is mainly made up of tendered work and we all know the way the subsidised network is going, so there will come a point where it’s more cost effective to run what they have from Bolton.
(24/09/2020 10:47)Mikeonthebuses Wrote: [ -> ]It intresting to see diamond is renumbering the 2 Trafford Centre - Bolton back to 22 to fall in line with 2 new services they operating 20 & 21 from end of October

From Diamond (with spelling errors):

Quote:Introducing our new and improved 20/21/22 bus servces.
24 September 2020

North West
Introducing our new 20 Service between Clifton and Trafford Centre replacing our number 68 service

Following a successful bid to the Better Deal for Bus Users fund, Diamond are pleased to extend the service from Little Hulton to Bolton via Logistics North. The service will operate via the current route between Trafford Centre and Walkden, then via A6, Cleggs Lane, Captain Fold Rd/Old Ln estate, A6 (Dun Mare), Logistics North, Four Lane Ends, St Helens Rd, Hulton Ln and Deane Rd to Bolton Interchange.

The service will operate up to every 30 minutes and new early morning journeys are added to the timetable.

Introducing our brand new 21 Service between Clifton and Trafford Centre

Here we introduce our brand new 21 service which creates a new link between Clifton and Trafford Centre which is launching on the 25th October and will open up opportunities for employment and also leisure journeys that don't currently exist.

We have worked in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester to create this new link whilst they have reviewed there own services which just shows what can be done together.

The service will operate up to every 30 minutes and new early morning journeys are added to the timetable.

Our renumbered 22 between Bolton - Trafford Centre replacing the number 2.

We’re making the 2 better for you! From Sun
Quote:day 25th October our service 2 will be renumbered as service 22. The route and timetable is largely unchanged. Additional journeys will operate between Pendlebury and Trafford Centre up to every 15 minutes. These new journeys will then continue to Clifton Junction and form service 21.

[Image: 20-21-22.jpg]
[Image: 20-21-22.jpg?width=690]

https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/introd...s-servces/
^ Their not There. See me at the end of class. Wink
Does the new 20 go to Farnworth on any journeys? On the above map it has a random '20' near to Farnworth and a sort of greyed out routing to it.

Also the route around Cleggs Lane, Captain Fold Road/Old Lane estate seems to be missing from the map.
I dont quite understand the logic of the 21, following the same route as the 22 from Trafford Centre to Bolton Road then half a mile into Clifton. Surely it would have just been better to strengthen the 22 with some "22a"s added in serving Clifton Junction along the entire route, giving those passengers in Clifton a bus service to both Bolton and the Trafford Centre. Having spent a few years living in that area I feel most the passenger traffic is directed towards Bolton than Trafford.
I'm struggling to see the logic in the 21. I know route enhancements are good but has Clifton suddenly got a lot busier as to get a half hourly service from there to Eccles is quite a big improvement and similarly from Swinton to Trafford Centre is doubled in frequency. You're looking a good 5 maybe 6 buses here being put on which seems to me like one huge commercial risk.

Is there some huge demand somewhere being missed? For link on the 21, I can't see any great demand really. Less so for such a frequent service.
I'm happy to be corrected on that but it seems like a strange commercial move.
unless they plan to remove the 70 / 73 at some point soon. As this gives a better link.
(27/09/2020 04:32)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]unless they plan to remove the 70 / 73 at some point soon. As this gives a better link.

According to the notes from GMCA with the introduction of the new 21 Trafford Centre to Clifton will see all the existing services removed from Clifton and rerouted elsewhere with number of them being withdrawn.
(27/09/2020 04:32)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]unless they plan to remove the 70 / 73 at some point soon. As this gives a better link.
But the 21 only covers Clifton to Swinton off these routes, other than that, the 21 has no effect on 70/73 passengers.
(27/09/2020 15:41)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]But the 21 only covers Clifton to Swinton off these routes, other than that, the 21 has no effect on 70/73 passengers.
Yes, but their options open for people of Clifton from Eccles and Swinton so it works out better for them then a tiny bus. Most people also would buy a day ticket or have a pass. and moves like this gets them in good books for TFGM as they are saving them having to tender that part of the route.
Reference URL's