Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Streetlites 32260 & 32261 were transferred to DBNW (Bolton) yesterday to act as additional paint floats to cover Manchester based buses being repainted in to Bee Network Livery.

In addition, 2 x Streetdecks were brought back down from Manchester to the West Midlands & will be repainted in to Bee Network livery at Wilcox, Brownhills (Rotala's WM based painter)
(10/07/2023 10:27)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Streetlites 32260 & 32261 were transferred to DBNW (Bolton) yesterday to act as additional paint floats to cover Manchester based buses being repainted in to Bee Network Livery.

In addition, 2 x Streetdecks were brought back down from Manchester to the West Midlands & will be repainted in to Bee Network livery at Wilcox, Brownhills (Rotala's WM based painter)

40755 & 40766 are the two Streetdecks currently parked in Tividale Depot, West Midlands awaiting Bee Network Livery
Diamond Bus North West have taken over the 87, 336, 337 & 389 services from today to help out First Manchester short term:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...july-2023/

5 x WF Streetlites have transferred to Eccles from Diamond Sout East for the above routes i.e. 20150/1/2/4 & 20155.
From what I can gather during the current First Manchester strikes Diamond Northwest have been running the Manchester Airport Amazon contracts apparently Citaro 33003 was on it on Sunday evening.
(24/07/2023 12:22)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Diamond Bus North West have taken over the 87, 336, 337 & 389 services from today to help out First Manchester short term:
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/servic...july-2023/

5 x WF Streetlites have transferred to Eccles from Diamond Sout East for the above routes i.e. 20150/1/2/4 & 20155.

Do we know how long they are ‘helping’ First out with the 336/337 and 389?
(25/07/2023 13:38)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know how long they are ‘helping’ First out with the 336/337 and 389?

Not at present, I don't know anymore other than 'short term'
dont think its short term , its permanent , as First was emergency Tender cover , at least until next re-write / tender applications?
(26/07/2023 20:57)DarthStan Wrote: [ -> ]dont think its short term , its permanent , as First was emergency Tender cover , at least until next re-write / tender applications?

Simon Dunn told me it was 'short term'
(26/07/2023 20:57)DarthStan Wrote: [ -> ]dont think its short term , its permanent , as First was emergency Tender cover , at least until next re-write / tender applications?

It was initially an emergency tender but TFGM immediately put everything out to tender and First won the contracts permanently which is why I find it strange Diamond are now running it. With the strikes at First it kind of makes sense but I know TFGM struggled to get any interest in the 217 contract so if diamond have the drivers and vehicles I wonder why they didn’t go for that.
(27/07/2023 10:22)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]It was initially an emergency tender but TFGM immediately put everything out to tender and First won the contracts permanently which is why I find it strange Diamond are now running it. With the strikes at First it kind of makes sense but I know TFGM struggled to get any interest in the 217 contract so if diamond have the drivers and vehicles I wonder why they didn’t go for that.

Don't forget that summer timetables have just kicked in + the WF Streetlites Diamond NW are using have just been released by Diamond South East following Surrey CC tender losses.
Reference URL's