Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/06/2020 18:41)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]With First buses only being on lease and Diamond needing some saloons to cover the Bolton work, why are there 3 (At least) 2013 ex Diamond eclipses come off lease. It seems bonkers for them not to have renewed the lease to help Bolton cope or to send back some First Eclipses.

https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-2
https://www.busandcoachcentre.co.uk/prod...reetlite-1
https://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buse...hp?bus=177
(Not streetlites, just a strange link name)

As far as I know all but one of them have returned off lease

Personally I think they'd be absolutely ideal for Go North West to continue updating its fleet
(25/06/2020 18:44)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I think the dates for vehicles to be returned to First was agreed at the point of sale last year before any of us knew about covid and the effect it would have. I suspect that any extension to the leases would come at a huge cost to Diamond and would probably effect Firsts plans for the buses too.
I don't think that means anything. Diamond sent lots of buses back early towards the start of the takeover.
(25/06/2020 18:52)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that means anything. Diamond sent lots of buses back early towards the start of the takeover.

They bought the depot and services and leased vehicles, they weren’t borrowed it was a business deal. A time frame and cost would have negotiated for every vehicle. I’m
Pretty certain even diamond wouldn’t have returned vehicles leaving them in the position there in now.
(25/06/2020 19:04)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]They bought the depot and services and leased vehicles, they weren’t borrowed it was a business deal. A time frame and cost would have negotiated for every vehicle. I’m
Pretty certain even diamond wouldn’t have returned vehicles leaving them in the position there in now.
They returned them quite early on. It was mentioned in this and other forums that Diamond send buses back early to First. #1475, #1478, #1480 and #1563 all say about buses returning early.

If Diamond had kept the 2013 Eclipses, it would have provided a capacity improvement or allowed them to send back First buses early depending on how Diamond are coping at the moment around all areas (as bearing in mind Hallmark has the Oxford 250 starting in a week and a half).
(25/06/2020 19:25)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]They returned them quite early on. It was mentioned in this and other forums that Diamond send buses back early to First. #1475, #1478, #1480 and #1563 all say about buses returning early.

If Diamond had kept the 2013 Eclipses, it would have provided a capacity improvement or allowed them to send back First buses early depending on how Diamond are coping at the moment around all areas (as bearing in mind Hallmark has the Oxford 250 starting in a week and a half).

Ther probably returned them before paying for them. In fact First are not daft they probably had a clause in the agreement that stated buses sent back early or late will encure additional costs.

Nevertheless less they have left themselves in a mess and I wonder whether they wish they hadn’t taken on the MCT work. I can’t see them retaining much of it in August.
On another forum, it's been stated that Preston Bus have lost some LCC tendered work to other operators, such as Stagecoach MCSL, Holmeswood Coaches, and Pilkingtons, form August. Could this allow some vehicles, and possibly staff, to move to Diamond bus North West?
Solo SR 20403 broke down today on Great Ancoats street at the top of Newton Street causing chaos for quite a while.
(25/06/2020 19:56)robertclark125 Wrote: [ -> ]On another forum, it's been stated that Preston Bus have lost some LCC tendered work to other operators, such as Stagecoach MCSL, Holmeswood Coaches, and Pilkingtons, form August. Could this allow some vehicles, and possibly staff, to move to Diamond bus North West?

Can’t see many drivers wanting to move to Bolton from Preston unless they are given salary incentives and I can’t see Diamond doing that.
Eccles is currently over staffed with Bolton still pretty short. I wonder if the outcome of the retendering of the MCT work in August might result in some Eccles drivers being moved to Bolton.
(25/06/2020 18:51)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know all but one of them have returned off lease

Personally I think they'd be absolutely ideal for Go North West to continue updating its fleet

Am I right that the remaining one is 30936?
(25/06/2020 21:39)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right that the remaining one is 30936?

Yes mate. I don't think it's gone off lease yet but happy to be corrected
Reference URL's