Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon Dunn has said on another forum "around 10" of the ex-First B7RLEs will be going to Preston
(16/12/2020 01:19)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Not heard that one!
Initially it was suggested a number of B7’s had been purchased from First and would be retained until the remaining Streetdecks were delivered. It could well be that only one goes to Preston but seems a little odd.

If my snout at First is right then Diamond have paid over the odds for the B7’s and they will want them to make a return before they are disposed.

You're snout is wrong, as previously posted, the ex First B7RLE have been purchased at a very favourable price, Rotala don't overpay for things, that is why they were purchased rather than simply extending their leases by + 6 months.

Rotala will still make a return on the B7RLE in 2-3 years time even without being in revenue earning service.
(18/12/2020 11:04)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]You're snout is wrong, as previously posted, the ex First B7RLE have been purchased at a very favourable price, Rotala don't overpay for things, that is why they were purchased rather than simply extending their leases by + 6 months.

Rotala will still make a return on the B7RLE in 2-3 years time even without being in revenue earning service.

I’ve heard two possibly 3 people all say it was ‘return or buy’ but let’s agree to disagree.
(18/12/2020 17:50)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve heard two possibly 3 people all say it was ‘return or buy’ but let’s agree to disagree.

All First hires were due to return by 31st Dec 2020 based on the original original Streetdeck delivery schedule, they are only now needed due to Wrightbus delivery delays with the last 39 x Streetdecks, more cost effective to buy than lease for another 6 months.

My info comes direct from Rotala senior management.
I would also think Wright bus has given some sort of penalty for non-delivery so that would of gone towards the costing of buying them from First. And you don't often get 29 buses for sale at once that good for a fleet to all be one type and they like Wright types.
(18/12/2020 23:34)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]I would also think Wright bus has given some sort of penalty for non-delivery so that would of gone towards the costing of buying them from First. And you don't often get 29 buses for sale at once that good for a fleet to all be one type and they like Wright types.

Not sure on any penalties for Wrightbus late deliveries, I just know the details of the contingency plans for the B7RLE's to cover for it.
(19/12/2020 00:07)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure on any penalties for Wrightbus late deliveries, I just know the details of the contingency plans for the B7RLE's to cover for it.
When you make big orders, they tend to have the delivery time as of the contract so there would be a system in place as they would be like they was stuck with no buses they will have to pay for the lease of buses so that would be passed on.
Has 33027 been withdrawn? it’s no longer showing on the bus times tracking neither been out for a very long time along with 33029
Did Diamond ever run an X39 service? I can see a registration from them which implies the service ran from the day of taking over from First but I can't remember them ever running it.

Anyway, the service has a timetable change from 31st Jan so I wonder if this is another express route which Diamond are trying to start (like the X8)
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/568183/
The X39 is a peak hour express from Manchester to Farnworth, I think it may have been suspended at the start of covid
Reference URL's