Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone aware of how many First specification StreetDecks are expected by Diamond please?
(01/09/2019 21:19)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]That must be it then, I know Atherton had been mostly cleared by Wednesday and very little was based in the yard.

Streetlites in Preston livery and a couple of Solo's from Preston were also used, so I guess perhaps they were also involved. Also one of the large Solo's, in Preston livery was noted heading towards Atherton one day last week. Bolton town routes operated by Bolton moved over on the week commencing 12th August, in dead Wigan has been largely absent of full size vehicles since then and it did make sense as the 571/2 pass the side of Bolton and the 575 is closer to Bolton depot obviously.

I believe one MAN is now SORN - PF09LCL, but the other two plus all but one of the Wright/Plaxton bodied Volvo B7RLE's moved over at the same time, indeed 575 Volvo's have been seen on such routes as 36's/37's, 8's, and 582's during the last week with Bolton crews driving them.

Sorry if there has been any misunderstanding, that wasn't my intention.

Atherton were also covering an Eccles board with a TfGM Versa (should have been 30143 - but kept getting changed around). The MOT bay at Atherton will remain open.

The two Streetlites still in Preston base colours are now Bolton's.

It looks as though Rotala have now acquired the 4 ex First Bolton training buses currently at Preston, but with DBNW legals:

Volvo B10BLE / Wright trainers 60640/ 60651 & 60663 at least:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjrprestonbus/48574916987
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjrprestonbus/48591978026
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjrprestonbus/48657343233
(01/09/2019 22:01)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone aware of how many First specification StreetDecks are expected by Diamond please?

Unless anything changes in the meantime, only those that are currently with DBNW @ Bolton.
(02/09/2019 00:11)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Unless anything changes in the meantime, only those that are currently with DBNW @ Bolton.

Many thanks
Seen today was a further Citaro BF60???think BF60 OFA but can't be 100% I am afraid, in plain Diamond North West Livery without flashes or transfers operating on service 683. It has no fixed destination it was just on Paper which had been hi-lighted over with Yellow Highlighter. Perhaps unusually, maybe due to unfamiliarity with the route was Solo YJ57EKK on service 695 operating some 4 miles off route along Leigh Road in Atherleigh running towards Atherton with a full load rather than via Astley, this was the only such vehicle I did see off route though. This also had the route number on a sheet of A4 highlighted in Yellow but there was also a full destination as well.
(03/09/2019 21:35)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seen today was a further Citaro BF60???think BF60 OFA but can't be 100% I am afraid, in plain Diamond North West Livery without flashes or transfers operating on service 683. It has no fixed destination it was just on Paper which had been hi-lighted over with Yellow Highlighter. Perhaps unusually, maybe due to unfamiliarity with the route was Solo YJ57EKK on service 695 operating some 4 miles off route along Leigh Road in Atherleigh running towards Atherton with a full load rather than via Astley, this was the only such vehicle I did see off route though. This also had the route number on a sheet of A4 highlighted in Yellow but there was also a full destination as well.

There was a tfgm hybrid solo on the 715 too which is an interesting allocation
I can now confirm that the Citaro that I have seen is 30030 BF60 OFA. Apparently 30019 BV10 ZJU should also be around at Bolton according to recent fleet lists found online. These seem not to operate on 582's with the other batch, or at least not so far.
(03/09/2019 21:50)AlexBus12 Wrote: [ -> ]There was a tfgm hybrid solo on the 715 too which is an interesting allocation

I am presuming that is some kind of positioning journey, as they tend to work in Wigan on service 641 Gathurst Circular. So please keep eyes peeled for more.
(03/09/2019 22:02)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]I can now confirm that the Citaro that I have seen is 30030 BF60 OFA. Apparently 30019 BV10 ZJU should also be around at Bolton according to recent fleet lists found online. These seem not to operate on 582's with the other batch, or at least not so far.

According to its tracker 30019 was operating in Coventry yesterday
(03/09/2019 22:27)Nwales Bus Wrote: [ -> ]According to its tracker 30019 was operating in Coventry yesterday

Seems strange, obviously not due then, a pair of None TfGM None Hybrid Versa's are also reported on the same list but no sign of them either.
Reference URL's