Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01/05/2020 20:51)dounowhoiam Wrote: [ -> ]My question (apologies if may be a not a wise one) is what about the number of TfGM hybrid buses.

As Diamond has a number of tenders from the closure of MCT, couldn't Diamond (in the short term) utilise these buses for the tender routes on less populated routes in a deal with TfGM? If there was an agreement for bus age for tender routes, but with the current climate and the fact they are hybrid could exceptions be made?

This wouldn't be helpful for the more popular routes (like the 8) but surely Diamond could utilise them for the likes of the 217 etc

Not 100% sure why the Hybrids have been returned, however, I suspect it relates to the recent TfGM tender changes i.e. 640 Wigan area service no longer operated by DBNW.

I doubt there's any shortage within the existing fleet to cover the former MCT TfGM tendered routes, any re-distribution of TfGM hybrid Solo's will need to be mutually agreed by Diamond & TfGM and will ultimately depend on what spec any tenders were awarded on.
(01/05/2020 21:07)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Not 100% sure why the Hybrids have been returned, however, I suspect it relates to the recent TfGM tender changes i.e. 640 Wigan area service no longer operated by DBNW.

I doubt there's any shortage within the existing fleet to cover the former MCT TfGM tendered routes, any re-distribution of TfGM hybrid Solo's will need to be mutually agreed by Diamond & TfGM and will ultimately depend on what spec any tenders were awarded on.

I even wonder how many TfGM hybrids are even still being kept available for service? Apart from Free Bus with Go North West and maybe the long yellow school Versas, I can't think of any others now.

It does seem ridiculous these ex-Preston Solos still having PrestonBus instead of Diamond insignia.
Regarding the TfGM Hybrid minis I'm sure that if Stotts (Oldham) turned them down to operate the recent tenders they've gained then I can't see them going to Diamond.

From what I've read elsewhere the former TfGM Hybrids that MCT had are now parked in a secure compound in Stockport Bus Station and most if not all of them are due to be stripped for spare parts due to the condition that they are in, also from what I've been told in the past Diamond themselves have had problems with their own TfGM Hybrids and have regularly had to shuffle the fleet round so they can find enough minibuses to cover services that would normally be operated by their Hybrids.
(02/05/2020 04:25)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I even wonder how many TfGM hybrids are even still being kept available for service? Apart from Free Bus with Go North West and maybe the long yellow school Versas, I can't think of any others now.

It does seem ridiculous these ex-Preston Solos still having PrestonBus instead of Diamond insignia.

Being 1st generation Hybrids & now 9+ years old, I doubt they're very fuel efficient compared with current Euro 6 diesel equivalents & I expect they're now proving troublesome & costly to maintain with little benefits.

Bolton had been working though the repainting of ex Yourbus stock pretty quickly, only 2 x Citaros & 1 x Enviro200 left to complete. The same applies in Preston, buses up there still have Diamond branding on PB base colours & have had for some time.
(02/05/2020 11:31)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Being 1st generation Hybrids & now 9+ years old, I doubt they're very fuel efficient compared with current Euro 6 diesel equivalents & I expect they're now proving troublesome & costly to maintain with little benefits.

Bolton had been working though the repainting of ex Yourbus stock pretty quickly, only 2 x Citaros & 1 x Enviro200 left to complete. The same applies in Preston, buses up there still have Diamond branding on PB base colours & have had for some time.

Thanks M60Lad and Winston. I can tell there cannot be many TfGM hybrids in service anymore.
20903 is now operating from Eccles Depot.
20173 seen in Altrincham today during daily exercise
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/49874627846
Reported elsewhere is the arrival of 37351 and 37384 at First South Yorkshire
30102 YJ10MBV and 33025 BF62JYR both now in Diamond blue livery
40625 has returned to Bolton.
Reference URL's