Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14/10/2023 10:37)EDB325 Wrote: [ -> ]Service 70 - annoyingly 20153, the only Eccles vehicle I'm short of, is working it this morning.

OK thanks, I reckon on riding it towards the end of the year.

As it is, I reckon I will say Yellow to the franchised network in the Manchester & Eccles areas then but postpone Bolton & Wigan until we have longer daylight hours and combine it with franchised buses on Oldham & Rochdale or electric buses in Warrington.
A Diamond NW citaro has this afternoon mounted the pavement and crashed into a shop front in Piccadilly gardens. The entire bus station is currently closed with multiple emergency vehicles on scene.

Hopefully nobody is seriously injured.
One of the top stories on the BBC News site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma...r-67124988
Streetdeck 40761 has already received yellow grabrails but retains Diamond seating, at least for now. Its scanner did not recognise by Bee Network ticket purchased on a Go North West bus though!
Unusual sight of Bee Network branded 40834 outside Liverpool Lime Street station this morning...
https://flic.kr/p/2pi9Lip

HTH
(27/11/2023 08:51)gka472l Wrote: [ -> ]Unusual sight of Bee Network branded 40834 outside Liverpool Lime Street station this morning...
https://flic.kr/p/2pi9Lip

HTH

It’s not unusual. They have won the Amazon contract from Stagecoach
(26/11/2023 10:24)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Streetdeck 40761 has already received yellow grabrails but retains Diamond seating, at least for now. Its scanner did not recognise by Bee Network ticket purchased on a Go North West bus though!

40761 only has yellow handrails upstairs following it's "re-roofing" by Wrightbus after it hit a bridge. Something to do with them only having yellow rails at the time and Rotala not wanting to pay to have them recoated to match etc etc
(27/11/2023 09:48)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]It’s not unusual. They have won the Amazon contract from Stagecoach

Stagecoach still have their Amazon Contract, This is either another contract or extra's over the Xmas period
(28/11/2023 09:33)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Stagecoach still have their Amazon Contract, This is either another contract or extra's over the Xmas period
Is it not First Travel solutions who has all Amazon Contracts
(29/11/2023 17:46)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not First Travel solutions who has all Amazon Contracts
FTS hold some Amazon contracts, Zeelo hold some as well but I don't think they have anything in Liverpool anymore.

As for FTS, they contract out the work to other firms and so Stagecoach run the Warrington Amazon on behalf of FTS (drivers have a phone in the cab with the FTS app to scan tickets and do live tracking). Nothing stops FTS giving out other trips to Diamond. Alternatively, there are FTS trips between Liverpool and Sandycroft which I believe the original operator may no longer be running.

What time was this at as it may shed some light on the situation.
Reference URL's