Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19/06/2022 22:41)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if this is anything to do with Burnhams plans to bring forward the capped fares with franchising ?
Diamond can tell TFGM they not joining in with the capped fares as no one will be forced. So it more them getting ready for Franchising keeping routes that are at a profit so they can make their books look better.
(20/06/2022 00:40)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Diamond can tell TFGM they not joining in with the capped fares as no one will be forced. So it more them getting ready for Franchising keeping routes that are at a profit so they can make their books look better.

Not that simple. Imagine being the only operator not selling and accepting capped fares. No share in the system one pot. No doubt stops on TFGM pass reimbursement. Not an easy thing to say no too.
(20/06/2022 09:25)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Not that simple. Imagine being the only operator not selling and accepting capped fares. No share in the system one pot. No doubt stops on TFGM pass reimbursement. Not an easy thing to say no too.
System one admin is by Stagecoach and is a partnership they could make the Day tickets on system one £5 but singles are not controlled by anyone. and TFGM cant stop pass payments but they can for tenders ask for fares to be a set level but not mid tender. but TFGM could ban them using bus stations.
(20/06/2022 19:22)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]System one admin is by Stagecoach and is a partnership they could make the Day tickets on system one £5 but singles are not controlled by anyone. and TFGM cant stop pass payments but they can for tenders ask for fares to be a set level but not mid tender. but TFGM could ban them using bus stations.

System one isn’t admined by stagecoach, the MD of stagecoach happens to over see S1 as well, and any operator who won’t sell or accept S1 looses all other reimbursements like our pass etc, which is exactly what happened to UK North many moons ago. TFGM refused to give them there last last reimbursement which forced them to close, because of none compliance.
ALX400 open top 40100 is now with the purchased Midland Classic depot arrived since today. She was last transferred to West Midlands from Bolton.
I could be unlucky and I don't use Diamond very often but every time I use one of their buses they seem poorly looked after.
Today I was out and about and had the misfortune to be on Enviro200 31408. The engine sounded very unhealthy, the bus rattled and shook like you wouldn't believe, there was a loud high pitched whine from the front for the whole journey and a notice was stuck on with sellotape. The bus in question was only 5 years old so I wondered how it could get into such a state. Considering all their bleating about the franchising plans, they were hardly a great advert for the status quo.
Some/All of the former First Wright Eclipses are coming back to Bolton for further Service with MX55 FFL being on the 36 today
(16/01/2023 15:21)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Some/All of the former First Wright Eclipses are coming back to Bolton for further Service with MX55 FFL being on the 36 today

Is this the start of releasing buses for the creation of the TfGM 'asset pool' ?
(16/01/2023 16:33)KXW212 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the start of releasing buses for the creation of the TfGM 'asset pool' ?

Not sure why they are here but i suspect these are stop gaps until the PVR drop in April
(16/01/2023 16:33)KXW212 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the start of releasing buses for the creation of the TfGM 'asset pool' ?

If I was diamond I would pull all the non standard buses out of the full group and dump at Bolton. And swap with buses that are close to new any bus older than what at Bolton would be sent there from Midlands and Preston bus. Lots of Midland classic could be sent.
Reference URL's