Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not to sure myself but to me its no coincidence that the Citaroes at Prestonbus actually came from Yourbus
(09/06/2019 06:26)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Not to sure myself but to me its no coincidence that the Citaroes at Prestonbus actually came from Yourbus

I wondered about that at the time. Yourbus have recently invested in a new fleet of coaches after dropping into bus work only a few years ago. Watch this space....
I rode a delayed Eclipse on route 575 at around 11.08 on Spring Bank Holiday. I could have missed out altogether due t insufficient information at the new Bolton Bus Station. It marks some buses as Live and others as Scheduled - with sometimes a subsequent bus Live but the next one only Scheduled. Anyway, at about 11.03 the Diamond 575 disappeared from the screen and I headed out to have a look around town (plus go to WH Smith to buy Buses and Today's Railways UK), only to spot the 575 pull into the Bus Station to let people off. I therefore headed back to the stop and jumped on a few minutes later.

While I realise the controllers can only forward information as received from drivers or operators, it is a pity that they as yet have no way of displaying that a bus is merely delayed.
I see Dunn Buses out here in Sydney and the transformation that company has made is remarkable to the point i personally believe the dunns will just concentrate on Australia now they own the old ADL bus building company Custom as well. Custom are based about 4 miles from where i live and have sold over 100 cb80's since takeover to State transit alone but seem to struggle a little with the smaller companys.
The issue with the licenses here I feel is as follows

Blackpool/Preston - Its quite likely that the school contracts and also the Hallmark Coach Division will transfer to Diamond Bus North West in order that contracts can be won at a lower price as Diamond North West staff are on lower wages than Preston Bus Staff.

Atherton/Eccles - This is an exercise so if First close Bolton and walk away Diamond North West are in a position to register commercial services quickly against competition from bigger plays such as Stagecoach and Arriva who have spare discs already, ready for this sort of event.

Nottinghamshire

They look like they will be taking over Dunn Motor Traction, so operations can be concentrated by them in Australia. Presumably in regards to PSV Circle this will be recorded separately to the Diamond Bus North West Operations and its just simply and exercise in relation to Discs and the Yourbus fleetname will remain in place.
Former Diamond WM (Redditch) Volvo B7RLE/Wright 30857 has been repainted in new two tone Diamond livery & has received vinyl's for DBNW, currently parked in Tividale depot.
(14/06/2019 21:17)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]Former Diamond WM (Redditch) Volvo B7RLE/Wright 30857 has been repainted in new two tone Diamond livery & has received vinyl's for DBNW, currently parked in Tividale depot.

30855 has also been repainted and moved to Atherton but not in service, presume all these along with those at Preston will be heading for Bolton for service there.
I expect Rotala will extend the Diamond branding to include First routes they inherit. There is scope for some reallocation of routes eg 68 to Eccles, 575 to Bolton and 582 to Atherton.
(27/06/2019 20:18)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]30855 has also been repainted and moved to Atherton but not in service, presume all these along with those at Preston will be heading for Bolton for service there.

It's likely that the complete batch 30850-30861 will be repainted / re-branded for Diamond NW. 30862 is already at Atherton in old allover blue.

The two on loan at Preston were covering to allow 4 x 62 plate Gemini's 40602-5 to be disposed of before the 280 route was withdrawn. Preston's Pvr has since dropped.
(29/06/2019 10:23)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I expect Rotala will extend the Diamond branding to include First routes they inherit. There is scope for some reallocation of routes eg 68 to Eccles, 575 to Bolton and 582 to Atherton.

Potentially, but there's no plans to consolidate the number of Manchester depots, Eccles was increased in size not so long ago buy buying adjacent building & flattening it for extra parking.

It would be a good move by Rotala if they could now buy Arriva Manchester's Bolton & Wythenshawe ops, it would consolidate their position in those parts of GM. Guess that will be dictated by who buys Arriva Group & for what reason.
Reference URL's