Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08/12/2020 19:44)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]mmm and here me thinking the buses are for Hallmark but are at Eccles until there needed. https://www.route-one.net/news/new-stree...s-closure/

This makes out they planned to buy nice buses for them routes.

Your assumption is incorrect. 20176-190 were ordered for Hallmark and (temporarily) diverted to other Diamond operations when it became clear there wasn't any work for them at their intended destination

The fact they're painted white and not in the Brighter Diamond livery backs this up
(08/12/2020 20:15)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]Your assumption is incorrect. 20176-190 were ordered for Hallmark and (temporarily) diverted to other Diamond operations when it became clear there wasn't any work for them at their intended destination

The fact they're painted white and not in the Brighter Diamond livery backs this up

incorrect in what way? They are for hallmark still reason there white as they just need the red adding when they get to hallmark.
(08/12/2020 22:57)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]incorrect in what way? They are for hallmark still reason there white as they just need the red adding when they get to hallmark.

You said Diamond planned to buy new buses for Eccles routes when that isn't the case (this year)
It’s obvious the Dunn’s have asked their media advisor to tart up the redeployment of these buses to make it look like they were ordered on the back of Jim stones closing down, when we all know different.
The story fails to mention them being forced to purchase a very elderly tired batch of B7’s from First because they are not ready to return them.
(08/12/2020 19:44)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]mmm and here me thinking the buses are for Hallmark but are at Eccles until there needed. https://www.route-one.net/news/new-stree...s-closure/

They did the exact same in Kidderminster. Also due to Hallmark but got diverted and it was big press thing.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/kidder...new-buses/

I wonder whether they will either refurb these into actual local spec (IE no luggage racks) and keep these buses in the areas and then if/when Heathrow returns to near pre Covid levels, they will put in another order.

(08/12/2020 23:24)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]It’s obvious the Dunn’s have asked their media advisor to tart up the redeployment of these buses to make it look like they were ordered on the back of Jim stones closing down, when we all know different.
The story fails to mention them being forced to purchase a very elderly tired batch of B7’s from First because they are not ready to return them.
Would you prefer they cut services back as they don't have enough buses due to delays to new buses which are beyond their control?
(09/12/2020 04:55)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]They did the exact same in Kidderminster. Also due to Hallmark but got diverted and it was big press thing.

I wonder whether they will either refurb these into actual local spec (IE no luggage racks) and keep these buses in the areas and then if/when Heathrow returns to near pre Covid levels, they will put in another order.

Would you prefer they cut services back as they don't have enough buses due to delays to new buses which are beyond their control?
They just sold Deckers at Preston Bus
(08/12/2020 23:16)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]You said Diamond planned to buy new buses for Eccles routes when that isn't the case (this year)

I said

mmm and here me thinking the buses are for Hallmark but are at Eccles until there needed. https://www.route-one.net/news/new-stree...s-closure/

I did not say they planned I said they makes it out a twist of what happened to save face.
(09/12/2020 04:55)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]They did the exact same in Kidderminster. Also due to Hallmark but got diverted and it was big press thing.

Are you for real?? It’s always been within their control. They returned all the deckers at the start of the pandemic which raised a lot of eyebrows. They have sold a number of young deckers and have just put up for sale a number of single deckers in a lot better condition than the B7’s. It’s a poor business decision and very much in their control.
(09/12/2020 10:44)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Are you for real?? It’s always been within their control. They returned all the deckers at the start of the pandemic which raised a lot of eyebrows. They have sold a number of young deckers and have just put up for sale a number of single deckers in a lot better condition than the B7’s. It’s a poor business decision and very much in their control.

The ex First double deckers weren't needed for capacity at the start of the pandemic (during first lockdown) as everyone was advised against travelling by bus. I think you'll find once the latest batch of 9 x Streetdecks (40795-804) enter service, Bolton will have the highest proportion of double deckers it's had for a long time.

Most if not all of the newer buses that are disposed of are leased, the 4 x Volvo B5LH recently dispensed with at Preston will be replaced with 4 x new Streedecks May-June 2021 when the final batch of 39 in total arrive for Bolton & Preston. Those 4 Hybrids were bought off the lessor, but they are non standard in the fleet. The Scania/Esteems currently up for sale are not liked by Rotala, the Preston examples are very tatty externally.

General:

All of the white DF Streetlites at DBWM & DBNW were ordered for Hallmark Connections to upgrade the Hotel Hoppa fleet to Euro 6 to comply with new emission rulings coming in. At present only a skeleton Hotel Hoppa service is running as very few are flying, they are still destined to join Hallmark in the future. There's nothing to say that new DB spec Streetlites won't be ordered to replaced the Hotel Hoppa ones in the future, that has certainly been suggested for those running at Kidderminster depot if the newer buses boost patronage.
(09/12/2020 14:52)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]The ex First double deckers weren't needed for capacity at the start of the pandemic (during first lockdown) as everyone was advised against travelling by bus. I think you'll find once the latest batch of 9 x Streetdecks (40795-804) enter service, Bolton will have the highest proportion of double deckers it's had for a long time.

Most if not all of the newer buses that are disposed of are leased, the 4 x Volvo B5LH recently dispensed with at Preston will be replaced with 4 x new Streedecks May-June 2021 when the final batch of 39 in total arrive for Bolton & Preston. Those 4 Hybrids were bought off the lessor, but they are non standard in the fleet. The Scania/Esteems currently up for sale are not liked by Rotala, the Preston examples are very tatty externally.

General:

All of the white DF Streetlites at DBWM & DBNW were ordered for Hallmark Connections to upgrade the Hotel Hoppa fleet to Euro 6 to comply with new emission rulings coming in. At present only a skeleton Hotel Hoppa service is running as very few are flying, they are still destined to join Hallmark in the future. There's nothing to say that new DB spec Streetlites won't be ordered to replaced the Hotel Hoppa ones in the future, that has certainly been suggested for those running at Kidderminster depot if the newer buses boost patronage.

Are the 4 final StreetDecks for Preston extras or are they part of the original order of 132?
Reference URL's