Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently not nothing else is being acquired from Yourbus according to Simon Dunn who has posted up on the West Midlands Bus Photo's Forum. He says only 4 vehicles left are Euro 6 therefore he doesn't wish to buy any more.

Guess the big question is what happens over the 90 or so StreetDecks that were due, guess to speculate there are 6 options potentially.

1) Wrightbus or the Streetdeck is rescued by someone else and they come but delayed.
2) Opt to Buy Optare Metrodeckers
3) Opt to buy Volvo B5TL/H with MCV bodies
4) Opt to buy new BCI decker vehicles through EnsignBus.
5) A mixture of the above to meet deadlines
6) Buys ex LT vehicles in order to meet deadlines, however it would be unlikely they would be Euro 6 so most likely not to happen, unless someone else loses major contracts and gets rid of a substantial batch of newer vehicles.
Can someone correct me on this
Yourbus was the Dunn familly rotala is dunn
Where are the differences what happened ? Why did they stop running? If anyone can help out on that one much appreciated
(05/10/2019 20:33)johnluke Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone correct me on this
Yourbus was the Dunn familly rotala is dunn
Where are the differences what happened ? Why did they stop running? If anyone can help out on that one much appreciated

There's no connection between Yourbus & Rotala other than they are run by different brothers sharing the same surname.

Scott Dunn setup Yourbus after leaving Diamond WM as MD & Rotala in 2009 to pursue his own interests i.e. Yourbus. He subsequently moved to Australia acquired Telford Tours and has since more recently started building buses via the acquisition of Custom Coaches.

Rotala were are negotiations to buy Yourbus via Preston Bus Ltd, hence why the Heanor OC was added on to Preston Bus license, but in the end a deal couldn't be concluded.

I suspect Yourbus simply ran out of money.
(05/10/2019 21:36)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]There's no connection between Yourbus & Rotala other than they are run by different brothers sharing the same surname.

Scott Dunn setup Yourbus after leaving Diamond WM as MD & Rotala in 2009 to pursue his own interests i.e. Yourbus. He subsequently moved to Australia acquired Telford Tours and has since more recently started building buses via the acquisition of Custom Coaches.

Rotala were are negotiations to buy Yourbus via Preston Bus Ltd, hence why the Heanor OC was added on to Preston Bus license, but in the end a deal couldn't be concluded.

I suspect Yourbus simply ran out of money.

Am I right in saying that Scott Dunn had already resigned from Yourbus in anycase and it was being run by someone else outside the Dunn family?
(06/10/2019 22:16)gilesbus1 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in saying that Scott Dunn had already resigned from Yourbus in anycase and it was being run by someone else outside the Dunn family?

Scott Dunn resigned as director of Yourbus on 28th Jan 2019:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/compa...ng-history

Yourbus was being run by MD Stephen Ward (who the Dunn's have known years) & Paul Major Operations Director, both have been directors since 2014.
There's now at least two ex Yourbus Citaro's @ Bolton, 33026 is pictured below with a 'Y5' branded one in the background

ex Yourbus Citaro 33026 (BF62JYS) is now at Bolton Depot:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_17com...ateposted/
Just found the following on twitter this morning:

Due to Vandalism in our bus depot over the weekend we experiencing a difficulty in all our services this morning. Our engineers are working hard to rectify all of the damage caused.

Not sure what damage has been caused as it doesn't say but must be considerable if its affecting services this morning
(06/10/2019 23:49)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]There's now at least two ex Yourbus Citaro's @ Bolton, 33026 is pictured below with a 'Y5' branded one in the background

ex Yourbus Citaro 33026 (BF62JYS) is now at Bolton Depot:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_17com...ateposted/

I'm sure someone put a picture on of an ex signiture livered optare versa parked up in bolton depot too.
Apparently 50 Buses have been damaged overnight from what a Driver has said, First thing i would do is review CCTV and Security Arrangements to try and prevent this from happening again
(07/10/2019 07:05)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure someone put a picture on of an ex signiture livered optare versa parked up in bolton depot too.

It's 30405, it's on the same flickr page as the ex Yourbus Citaro's in Bolton I posted last night.

It arrived 26th Sept.
Reference URL's