Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Diamond Bus North West
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19/06/2020 21:54)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Most are in storage at Stockport bus station pending disposal. This one was recently refurbished.

The ones at Stockport are all MCT and bar one or two they will alll be scrapped. KCE wasn’t one of them but a couple more were refurbished when MCT gained KCG last summer and were offered to Stotts to use on 396’s but they refused so I think they were stored at Stagecoach Wigan.
Another Solo SR Hybrid that is ex Metroshuttle has popped up at Eccles, 20405 YJ60 KCF (ex First 59004) was out on the 27s today, tracking a 20802 MX54KXV.
(19/06/2020 23:18)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]The ones at Stockport are all MCT and bar one or two they will alll be scrapped. KCE wasn’t one of them but a couple more were refurbished when MCT gained KCG last summer and were offered to Stotts to use on 396’s but they refused so I think they were stored at Stagecoach Wigan.

YJ60 KCF has also joined the fleet as 20405.
Bolton B7RLE 69138 is on the VH2 Walkden circular today, giving more than enough capacity for it’s tiny round trips - another route to go to Bolton operation from Eccles though?
30977 YY16 YJK on 575 Bolton - Horwich today , not sure when it arrived at DBNW
(23/06/2020 13:14)old goat Wrote: [ -> ]30977 YY16 YJK on 575 Bolton - Horwich today , not sure when it arrived at DBNW

Arrived in Bolton a few weeks back.
(11/06/2020 00:38)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]40715 appears to of left the fleet and gone on trial in Ireland.

It still remains in the fleet, picture that surfaced online said the taken date was the date uploaded and not the actual date of the trial which took place last year.
Word from a friend at Bolton, Dennis Trident 40014 is currently in the paintshop receiving fleet livery. Minus it's roof! How they can justify restricting the use of a perfectly good bus by open toppering it. While short of buses during a reduced service anyway is beyond me.
(23/06/2020 17:43)Solo40336 Wrote: [ -> ]Word from a friend at Bolton, Dennis Trident 40014 is currently in the paintshop receiving fleet livery. Minus it's roof! How they can justify restricting the use of a perfectly good bus by open toppering it. While short of buses during a reduced service anyway is beyond me.

Seems strange when Diamond don't operate any open top buses anywhere
(23/06/2020 17:57)SK15 GZG Wrote: [ -> ]Seems strange when Diamond don't operate any open top buses anywhere

That's what I thought, fits in with a picture DBNW posted in facebook of the lower, rear section of the bus in the paintshop with the caption

"We have something very special in our paint shop at the moment.

We can not wait to have this out on the road in all its glory."
Reference URL's