Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new 47 Warrington to Knutsford has appeared on Traveline
(31/03/2018 11:13)urmstonian Wrote: [ -> ]The new 47 Warrington to Knutsford has appeared on Traveline

Now on the Network Warrington website.
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...april-2018
(19/02/2018 22:02)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]The 39 and 42A are both school services but are available to the general public too.
No doubt they will be using CAT-branded buses on those routes and I wonder if they might also show them on the CAT 5/5E/6/6C timetable to plug gaps in those services in the peak periods.

The CAT5 timetable shows a 07:45 Warrington to Lymm School Holidays only arriving at 08:25 and an 08:29 Lymm to Warrington during both term time and school holidays, so presumably during school term the Lymm bound working will be a service not shown on the CAT5 timetable.
I never knew CAT services would be serving Slutchers Lane and a small section of the business park. I thought they'd be going from Bank Quay straight to the roundabout to cross the River Mersey. That's according to Google Maps.

Edit:no times have been added as of yet, and it appears the stops for the business park are going away from Bank Quay. No buses stopping the other way on the business park. Time will tell what happens.
(02/04/2018 20:48)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]I never knew CAT services would be serving Slutchers Lane and a small section of the business park. I thought they'd be going from Bank Quay straight to the roundabout to cross the River Mersey. That's according to Google Maps.

Edit:no times have been added as of yet, and it appears the stops for the business park are going away from Bank Quay. No buses stopping the other way on the business park. Time will tell what happens.

Most of the CATs will serve both Bank Quay and Centre Park inbound and outbound.
Some early morning and early evening journeys will omit Centre Park, and some will omit both Bank Quay and Centre Park.
Interesting that both Saturday and Sunday services will serve Bank Quay and Centre Park.

The times and routes for the 5's and 9's are available on both Traveline and Google Maps.
Confusingly, the CC5 is given as 'CAT5', while the CC5A is given as 'CC5A', CC9 is given as 'CC9' and the CC9A is given as 'CC9A' on those websites.
Something which may possibly have slipped under the radar is the changes to some of the Sunday / public holiday times - not just the 22A but also the Cat5, 15 and 17.
It has been absolutely ages since changes on a Sunday.
Some of these changes will see services running at a particular number of minutes past the hour in the morning but then changing to run at a different number of minutes past the hour in the afternoon (e.g. the Cat5 will generally depart Warrington at XX40 on Sunday mornings but generally depart at XX54 on Sunday afternoons, with exceptions at the start and end of service).
(03/04/2018 11:46)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Some of these changes will see services running at a particular number of minutes past the hour in the morning but then changing to run at a different number of minutes past the hour in the afternoon (e.g. the Cat5 will generally depart Warrington at XX40 on Sunday mornings but generally depart at XX54 on Sunday afternoons, with exceptions at the start and end of service).

On Cat5, it appears to be done this way to provide a more even headway with Cat6 between Warrington and Grappenhall - roughly 30 mins split towards Warrington in the morning, and roughly 30 mins split from Warrington in the afternoon.
(03/04/2018 16:54)JimmyMac Wrote: [ -> ]On Cat5, it appears to be done this way to provide a more even headway with Cat6 between Warrington and Grappenhall - roughly 30 mins split towards Warrington in the morning, and roughly 30 mins split from Warrington in the afternoon.

It's good that the CAT timetables are all available on the Service Changes page now.
In the interpeak period, the CAT7 and CAT8 generally will not get any slack time at Appleton Thorn - a stark contrast from the current large amount.
There will only be two CAT7's towards Warrington Monday to Friday, compared with five on a Saturday; in the opposite direction, there will be three MF and six on a Saturday.
The CC9B will just show CAT9 on the dests.

After trying a few possible web addresses, the following new web address now seems to exist:
http://warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/
At the moment, it is the same as the Network Warrington site, but no doubt the branding will be changed on there in time.
It looks as if buses are now going to stick to their own routes (off peak times). Well, judging by the timetables anyway. 7/8 gets back with 5 minutes spare time until the next 7/8 departure, same with the 9s, 6s. The 5s it looks possible but very tight. Is cross networking coming to an end at Network Warrington?
(04/04/2018 03:27)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]It looks as if buses are now going to stick to their own routes (off peak times). Well, judging by the timetables anyway. 7/8 gets back with 5 minutes spare time until the next 7/8 departure, same with the 9s, 6s. The 5s it looks possible but very tight. Is cross networking coming to an end at Network Warrington?

It does look like it, though the Stockton Heaths have traditionally worked almost separately to the rest of the network, mostly just interworking among that small group of services.
A classic case is the 45 and 46 which have interworked for many years, and still will as CC9 and CC9A.

I say 'almost separately' because there are exceptions, which I expect to continue, such as the decker-operated Bridgewater High and Northwich schools runs, which are likely to continue to interwork with other routes, and there are other peak-time journeys which I would be surprised if they don't interwork with other routes from across the network, such as the 17:30 departure on the CAT5 from Warrington.
So don't be too surprised if you see a Cheshire Cat vehicle in a completely different part of the town! Smile
Reference URL's