Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RSTurbo or any others, do you know about the changes from this Monday, 10th September?
I can't believe that even the two new timetables which actually *are* available via TfGM (the 19) and Merseytravel (the 22(A)) also aren't even on Traveline or bustimes.org, like all the others.
I'm so fed up of this that I've bothered to write to the transport secretary to ask for timetables to be made available to the public a certain number of days in advance (except for short notice registrations) at least via Traveline and bustimes.org.
It's mad for changes to be submitted so many weeks in advance (did it recently increase yet further?) but the public not to be notified until maybe a couple of days before.
(06/09/2018 09:47)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]RSTurbo or any others, do you know about the changes from this Monday, 10th September?
I can't believe that even the two new timetables which actually *are* available via TfGM (the 19) and Merseytravel (the 22(A)) also aren't even on Traveline or bustimes.org, like all the others.
I'm so fed up of this that I've bothered to write to the transport secretary to ask for timetables to be made available to the public a certain number of days in advance (except for short notice registrations) at least via Traveline and bustimes.org.
It's mad for changes to be submitted so many weeks in advance (did it recently increase yet further?) but the public not to be notified until maybe a couple of days before.

It's a problem with public transport in general. With train timetables operators are supposed to target 12 weeks in advance for making timetable information public. However, engineering works may be publicised at shorter notice and even if all services are advertised 12 weeks in advance it's not always enough e.g. if the first service to the airport is later or is no longer direct then that might cause a problem for someone who booked a flight 26 weeks in advance.
(05/09/2018 22:11)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I would think it's probably down to condition. I'd imagine it would cost a vast amount to bring buses like the owned by Fairbrothers up to the standards a larger company like WOB would want them in.

Also is 150 a single door bus?? arnt the rear dual door?

150 is dual door, I suspect only to be used on schools and private work. I think it causes confusion with passengers alighting at the wrong door.
Also an operator like WOB or a big name shouldn’t operate public services if the bus being used has a wheelchair entrance as the rear doors unless they open. This would mean it’s technically not at DDA standards. Though I can’t see why small operators should as well.
Volvo 187 is LK04 HYY

Cadet 35 has been reinstated - however is still planned to become the replacement driver training vehicle
(06/09/2018 11:44)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]150 is dual door, I suspect only to be used on schools and private work. I think it causes confusion with passengers alighting at the wrong door.
Also an operator like WOB or a big name shouldn’t operate public services if the bus being used has a wheelchair entrance as the rear doors unless they open. This would mean it’s technically not at DDA standards. Though I can’t see why small operators should as well.

150 and the recent London additions are to be used on school services only I’m told and not for service work. Shame they won’t be seen on service routes..
(06/09/2018 11:44)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]150 is dual door, I suspect only to be used on schools and private work. I think it causes confusion with passengers alighting at the wrong door.
The rear doors were locked out of use so no one could use them if they wanted to.
(06/09/2018 15:31)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The rear doors were locked out of use so no one could use them if they wanted to.

Yes and where’s the wheelchair ramp on dual door buses? In the middle which is why I believe they shouldn’t be used for service work. That said how can kids in wheelchairs get from A to B other than a lift from parents or an expensive taxi?
(06/09/2018 16:44)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and where’s the wheelchair ramp on dual door buses? In the middle which is why I believe they shouldn’t be used for service work. That said how can kids in wheelchairs get from A to B other than a lift from parents or an expensive taxi?

Yes... I know... Most operators don't lock the doors but do say the rear doors are for exit only. Most passengers use either doors to exit as they don't mind.

The number people using wheelchairs on public transport is VERY low. Let alone kids using wheelchairs. Afaik, almost EVERY council pays for special transport to get pupils in wheelchairs and SEN to school. Normally minibuses or dial a ride vehicles get used for this sort of thing for free.
LK04 HXA was out today in the bus station parked on a stand with a number 1 board in the window.
(06/09/2018 17:55)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Yes... I know... Most operators don't lock the doors but do say the rear doors are for exit only. Most passengers use either doors to exit as they don't mind.

The number people using wheelchairs on public transport is VERY low. Let alone kids using wheelchairs. Afaik, almost EVERY council pays for special transport to get pupils in wheelchairs and SEN to school. Normally minibuses or dial a ride vehicles get used for this sort of thing for free.

Yes but they are very expensive to fund. St Helens Council decided days before the new academic year that Post 16 SEN transport was to continue after being decided it was too costly to provide. The alternative being public transport or friends/family to transport SEN/wheelchair students.
I say this as if anything like that was to happen in Warrington it wouldn’t go down well especially as the council supports Disability Awareness Day (DAD). So does WOB.
Reference URL's