Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A variety of vehicles appear to be on the N4 today.
(25/05/2023 12:30)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]A variety of vehicles appear to be on the N4 today.

Looks like the second vehicle was 17 late at Barnton Barn Owl and then was still at Barnton Beech Lane 28 minutes after its scheduled time and then didn't track any further.
(25/05/2023 16:34)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the second vehicle was 17 late at Barnton Barn Owl and then was still at Barnton Beech Lane 28 minutes after its scheduled time and then didn't track any further.

Think it was a large vehicle for the route, so could have had trouble getting around the estates.
Wright Cadet 66 is now in for a repaint, refurb and an engine swap.

It is getting the new Warrington's Own Buses Livery, only the 4th to have it

The engine is coming from recently withdrawn 239 which is gonna feel weird having an Enviro200 engine in a Cadet
(05/06/2023 07:38)North West Bus Spotter Wrote: [ -> ]It is getting the new Warrington's Own Buses Livery, only the 4th to have it

It'd be the seventh Cadet to be repainted.
(05/06/2023 08:31)CUL 73V Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be the seventh Cadet to be repainted.
I mean 4th into WOB still in service
66 is not going into new colours, it's having a partial repaint as it sits now with new panels along both sides. It also isn't having an engine, the injectors and turbo have recently been replaced.

76 is now withdrawn with a rotten chassis.
Halton Council have a new timetable up for 62A during the Daresbury Expressway closure:
https://www4.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus...ersion.pdf
Apparently there's a decker out on N4, which as far as I'm aware would be the first time a decker has been used on the service.
Can anyone confirm?
(05/07/2023 11:14)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently there's a decker out on N4, which as far as I'm aware would be the first time a decker has been used on the service.
Can anyone confirm?

Can't confirm but the route did occasionally get a decker in North Western days (like many) so (with the exception of tree growth) there shouldn't be a problem with one getting around.

https://www.railwaymedia.co.uk/Trips/199...-J5BHRXJ/A
Reference URL's