Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/08/2013 12:50)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Some key points on the new website are the mention of the new 'Midas' card (complete with video animation!), a new app for smartphone users, and some good photos on the 'Enthusiasts' section.

Is there a android version?
Picked up the leaflet today and the following changes will be made on Monday 2nd September. Current frequencies are in brackets:

Peak Off Peak
1 20 (18) 20 (15)
2 20 (18) 20 (15)
3 No change (12m/18eve) 30 (20)
4A No Change (25) 30 (20)
5 (45m/36eve) Terminates at Warburton between 10-3
16/A No change (10m/8eve) 12 (10)
19 No change (36) 60 (30)
28/A No change (36) 60 (30)
20 15 (12) 12 (10)
21 15 (12) 12 (10)
23 No change (24) 30 (20)
25 No change (24) 30 (20)

Can see a lot of unhappy people with these changes!
Ex Warrington Dart Y622 GFM (Fleet Number 22) now running for ASD Coaches....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68322089@N0...Xxf-eGbNFc
When was P411 SWC converted to open top and renumbered 149 ? It was outside the depot today (7 Aug.), looking very smart. And what will it be used for ?
(07/08/2013 21:22)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]When was P411 SWC converted to open top and renumbered 149 ? It was outside the depot today (7 Aug.), looking very smart. And what will it be used for ?

Spring time last year it was de-roofed (Chris Cuthill) so Warrington gave it an open-top conversion instead of repairing or scrapping the bus.

So far it has been used on Warrington Wolves parades, The X18 Guilliver's World Service, and Private Hire
(07/08/2013 21:50)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]
(07/08/2013 21:22)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]When was P411 SWC converted to open top and renumbered 149 ? It was outside the depot today (7 Aug.), looking very smart. And what will it be used for ?

Spring time last year it was de-roofed (Chris Cuthill) so Warrington gave it an open-top conversion instead of repairing or scrapping the bus.

So far it has been used on Warrington Wolves parades, The X18 Guilliver's World Service, and Private Hire
Thanks for your reply
I bet Coachways will be pleased with the cutting back of the 5!
As with the Leigh routes, some aspects of the service will be better on Sundays than on weekdays soon!

One good thing is that it makes it possible for deckers to appear on the 5 once again if there is one going spare, depending on how the running boards are done.*

* Obviously this wouldn't work if boards then go on to do route 5 again at some point in the peak -- it's hard to see whether that will happen or not. In fact, I have no idea what the 5 might interwork with, since travelling to Warburton and back should take around 1h12 minutes (if no layover is given at Warburton), and it's hard to see what would fit with that snugly. Maybe just lots of layover will be allocated and vehicles will stick on route 5 pretty much all day.
Certainly going to be bad news for cross-county travellers with the reductions to the 5 to/from Altrincham and the 19 and 28/28A to/from Leigh. Buses to/from Leigh will reduce from 4 buses per hour to 1, while no off-peak buses to/from Altrincham.
I hope that the 1 and 2 are well co-ordinated to give a service every 10 minutes to Westy during the daytime.
Frequency reductions might be an extra reason people switch to the Fairbrothers competition.

In other news, this is about Arriva's services 6/7a, but I thought I'd post as those from Warrington might be interested or affected. The timetable is to be altered on 1st September, allowing quite a bit more journey time on Sundays, loads more layover in evenings and on Sundays, and an extra vehicle evenings and Sundays:
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...02013).pdf
I must say that I'm been a regular user of 5 from Altrincham for quite a bit now and in some ways I can understand where Network Warrington are coming from in cutting back 5 to Warburton as some of the journeys from Altrincham can leave virtually empty while others can leave with only about 5 or 6 people on and even then it can be Lymm before other passengers start getting on

The only time 5 is actually busy from Altrincham is usually at School finishing time, odd thing is though quite a number of journeys can be busy coming into Altrincham.

As for Warrington Coachways its going to be interesting as they only run once an hour from Altrincham-Warburton
Reference URL's