Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(17/01/2020 16:58)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Running round as PN16 PAV, why is this?

One of our drivers, Pavel passed away in May 2019 after taking ill in the bus station. The private plate is a nice dedication to him.
(15/01/2020 22:01)Y474 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]Enviro400 303 (SN16 OVA) has arrived

With credit to Nick Thomson, here are some pics of this vehicle all liveried up and on a road test:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nick1208/4...gtonbuses/
(18/01/2020 00:27)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]With credit to Nick Thomson, here are some pics of this vehicle all liveried up and on a road test:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nick1208/4...gtonbuses/

Looks fantastic ..is it gonna be an ad free bus because if advertising goes on its gonna cover up the lettering and icon
(17/01/2020 17:10)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]One of our drivers, Pavel passed away in May 2019 after taking ill in the bus station. The private plate is a nice dedication to him.

Ah that makes sense, nice touch!
(18/01/2020 21:14)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah that makes sense, nice touch!

That is one of the most heartwarming gestures I have heard of in this industry.
I remember Liverbus naming a bus after the late Andy Wade but other than that I have heard many tales of rather poor attitudes to long serving staff so it's nice to see Warrington showing some compassion and respect like that.
(19/01/2020 17:50)cfm146g Wrote: [ -> ]That is one of the most heartwarming gestures I have heard of in this industry.
I remember Liverbus naming a bus after the late Andy Wade but other than that I have heard many tales of rather poor attitudes to long serving staff so it's nice to see Warrington showing some compassion and respect like that.

Arriva named an Optare Solo after a late manager of Chester depot and it still wears the tribute.
PN16 PAV is out on service today on the 32’s if anybody wanted to have a look.
Out of interest should Halton Borough Transport disappear could Warrington's Own Buses easily take over Halton's 62 Halebank-Sandymoor/Warrington service?
Warrington should takeover halton fully 2 depots inter workings it can build up over time
what you would most probably find is that any routes that other operators already compete on wouldn't get covered but may accept haltons tickets on there service until there expiry date.
i think it would only be services that have no alternative service or competition on that would be covered on a short term basis and if there's a decent profit margin then may decide to keep it going long term commercially.
Schools will be covered within 24hrs of closure and just the likes of the 61 , 27 etc taken on with the college services which seem to do well.
Reference URL's