Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20/01/2020 20:26)johnluke Wrote: [ -> ]Warrington should takeover halton fully 2 depots inter workings it can build up over time

I can't see that happening, Warrington hasn't the capital to expand to this proportion, and also Council Tax payers in Warrington will not want their Council as the sole shareholder in Warrington's Own Buses to invest out of area unless they are investing in a company that makes money. Similarly other Municipally owned companies wouldn't risk capital on it. All they could do is register routes that they deem to be profitable or bid for any tenders that may arise.
(20/01/2020 14:01)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]PN16 PAV is out on service today on the 32’s if anybody wanted to have a look.

Great stuff - I missed the boat on this one, but if anyone took any pictures I'd love to see.
(20/01/2020 20:17)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interest should Halton Borough Transport disappear could Warrington's Own Buses easily take over Halton's 62 Halebank-Sandymoor/Warrington service?

I guess Warrington could fairly easily expand/extend their current 62 service if this were to happen and they deem it a good idea to do so.
(20/01/2020 23:11)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]Great stuff - I missed the boat on this one, but if anyone took any pictures I'd love to see.

I had the pleasure of driving it for an hour this morning. It’s a fine machine indeed.
(20/01/2020 23:19)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]I had the pleasure of driving it for an hour this morning. It’s a fine machine indeed.

Out of interest, was that in service or just type training?
It’s in service Valandi. Had been all of today also.
(21/01/2020 20:29)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s in service Valandi. Had been all of today also.

That's good to hear - out on schools/colleges or just normal service so far?
The extra vehicles will be needed if(!) the rumours about taking over Halton's school services are true.
WoB have hired in Howards F19 HOW Volvo B10BLE whilst noted in depot was several vehicles purchased from Ensignbus
(23/01/2020 11:56)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]WoB have hired in Howards F19 HOW Volvo B10BLE whilst noted in depot was several vehicles purchased from Ensignbus
Can you confirm which buses from Ensign have been purchased?
Enviro200 YX10 ECA is now here from Ensignbus
Reference URL's