Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Warrington's Own Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22/06/2018 22:55)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]This is incorrect as Stagecoach register most of their services with the depot code followed by the route number. (CH9 being the number for Pipars Ash where as the route itself is and the number shown on the bus is just '9'). I think it is more a paperwork thing. It can help differentiate CC9 and a normal number 9.

There’s a few CAT routes that’s registered CAT and their route number I’m sure, as well as CC and the number. The desty displays CAT, the number and the destination.
How likely is it that 49 & 97 will be out tomorrow they are last buses Ive yet to ride on and I've been looking for 49 for ages.
Their website has now change which i expect there more to come

https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk
What is the bus company being called locally? I know a few years back some of the older passengers were still calling them Warrington Corporation Transport!
just seen 49 on the 2 to westy if your still after it
(29/06/2018 11:15)86247 Wrote: [ -> ]just seen 49 on the 2 to westy if your still after it

Thanks mate I've just been on it on the 1 just need the one Versa now which is 97
(29/06/2018 09:29)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]What is the bus company being called locally? I know a few years back some of the older passengers were still calling them Warrington Corporation Transport!

Its called Warrington’s Own Buses and the legal name Warrington Borough Transport
(29/06/2018 13:56)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Its called Warrington’s Own Buses and the legal name Warrington Borough Transport

So passengers are referring to the company as "Warrington's Own Buses" without shortening it? Usually when there's a long name a lot of passengers miss out part of it e.g. saying TransPennine, not TransPennine Express or East Midlands not East Midlands trains.
A whole load of short notice registrations have gone through for Warrington and Vale Royal College services. Why would they be registering a whole load of new college services for immediate start? I know they plan to close the former Mid Cheshire college campus at Hartford so it might relate to that but giving an operator new contracts at the start of July or closing a campus prior to the end of the academic year both seem unwise.
(29/06/2018 16:09)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]So passengers are referring to the company as "Warrington's Own Buses" without shortening it? Usually when there's a long name a lot of passengers miss out part of it e.g. saying TransPennine, not TransPennine Express or East Midlands not East Midlands trains.
I just normally refer them as Warrington Buses since the renaming from Network Warrington but I still think Warrington Transport would have been better just like what Halton names there's
Reference URL's